democrats: who is your 2016 "hit list" in the senate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:18:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  democrats: who is your 2016 "hit list" in the senate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: democrats: who is your 2016 "hit list" in the senate?  (Read 3887 times)
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 03, 2012, 02:06:45 AM »

Arizona is possible. I think over time and with the changing demographics, we could field a strong candidate. I doubt Gabrielle Giffords will run. She was all but guaranteed another term in the House but chose to resign so that she could recover. I doubt she will want to return to Washington after four years of avoiding politics. Too early for a formidable candidate just yet, but with the growing Hispanic vote, perhaps our best bet is Raul M. Grijalva or Ed Pastor? We don't have many options.. yet Smiley

Arkansas is a for-sure target. John Boozman is very beatable especially in a Democratic state where Obama won't be on the ticket to drag the other candidates down. Gov. Mike Beebe would be the most formidable candidate.

Florida is attainable. They say Marco Rubio is a "shining star" in the GOP, but lest we forget they said that about Sarah Palin too and look what happened to her. Aside from identity politics, I don't see what's so great about the guy. I realize diversity lacks in the Republican Party, but throw me a frickin' bone here. Not sure who we could run against him. Ideally, I would love to see a Senator Debbie Wasserman Schultz, but she's probably too liberal for Florida.

Keep an eye on Georgia as well. The Peach State was a shocker to me with how close it was in 2008, and the population boom may signal potential strength to turn once crimson red Georgia into purple. Highly unlikely, but 2016 is a ways off and we could find a candidate to mount a credible challenge to Johnny Isakson.

Illinois, for sure, goes without saying. I'm not touting Michelle Obama. Didn't she say she hated being First Lady, so why would she want to return to Washington? Attorney General Lisa Madigan would be our best candidate but it's Illinois and we have a deep bench.

As for Indiana, unless for some fluke of a reason Joe Donnelly wins in 2012, I doubt we have much of a chance there to go up against Dan Coats, unless something drastic changes.

I think we can for sure take Kentucky, especially if Gov. Steve Beshear throws his hat in the race. Rand Paul is a joke and only won in 2010 because he had an "R" after his name.

..I'll think of more later.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies