Hillary Rodham Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:49:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary Rodham Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Rodham Clinton  (Read 743 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2012, 12:36:46 PM »

Many of you know I find Hillary very attractive- this is not about that. I was born when Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady and she was the first First Lady to truly pursue her own path... Hillary is a pioneer in many ways. Every woman I know who is above 50 admires Hillary...her intelligence, her passion, her perseverence thru all she has experienced in her life-

What do you see as Hillary's future not only in her lifetime but in history? I believe she will be President of the United State s in 2017 but even if she is not...I believe history will view her as an exceptional figure who singlehandedly brought women into the mainstream of national leaders. She is the most popular national figure in America according to the polls nowadays- and she may be just getting started

So what do you see as the future for Hillary and how will history view her?

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 02:27:35 PM »

I have always liked her and I would support her should she decide to run in 2016 against any of the others who are currently being seriously discussed. But I am extremely cynical about her present popularity, both within the Democratic factions that formed the anybody-but-Hillary camp in 2008 (not least Markos Moulitsas) and among Republicans who now claim to admire her. I believe it is entirely dependent on her defeat in the Democratic primary, and the fact that she is currently not the President and disavowing another Presidential run in a credible manner. With that being said, if she chose to run, I do think the odds are quite favorable for her.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 04:26:03 PM »

Hillary Clinton was deemed unfavorable when she tried to pass the HCR bill in 1994.  She didn't get involved in the HCR effort in 2010. However, in 2016 she will have to answer again on how she felt about the HCR effort.  Once she get involved in that again her favorables will come down, but Mario Cuomo is my choice of New Yorkers to run in 2016.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 05:17:18 PM »

i love hillary.  im glad i voted for the correct candidate in 2008.

i do think her current popularity is due mainly to her being in a very high profile...yet basically non partisan position.  you all know what i mean by that.  the sec of state doesnt participate in partisan politics.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 05:44:45 PM »

you all know what i mean by that.  the sec of state doesnt participate in partisan politics.

...yes, we do. It's so obvious that you didn't have to say that but you did. And then, despite us knowing what you mean, you stated what you meant.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 12:13:19 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2012, 12:23:38 PM by angus »

So what do you see as the future for Hillary and how will history view her?

I'm not a fan of Hillary Clinton.  She's creepy.  Hired private detectives to follow her husband around in Arkansas to prove that he was being unfaithful, she claimed no knowledge of the Whitewater Development Corporation payments, she had Bill Clinton fire White House Travel Office people to give her business associates the sweet deals, etc., etc.  Bad business.

Still, over the years I've grown to admire some of what she stands for.  Prior to Clinton, the presidents' wives were expected to fit a model of hostess and homemaker.  But starting with Clinton, all presidential spouses have been white-collar working professionals with graduate degrees.  Clinton was an attorney, Bush was a librarian, and Obama is an attorney as well.  This trend may continue.  It may not seem like a big deal to have a working mom as a first lady, and indeed it may say more about the economy than anything else--since women were absorbed into the workforce in the 70s and 80s it takes two incomes--but since we expect our First Ladies to be role models and to take on causes of importance, it helps that they have some education and working experience.  I think this will be part of Hillary Clinton's legacy.  She also turned out to be well suited to the office of Secretary of State.  She started right away to repair damaged international relationships and established specific objectives for the State Department’s diplomatic missions abroad.  She handled the Arab Spring well effected damage control after Wikileaks. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 12:16:03 PM »

She'll go into the books as one of the better S.O.S' in modern times and I'd agree 100%.  She's done a great job.

I'm not sure I could stand her on a personal level.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies