Atlasian Emergency CPR Caucus
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:59:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Emergency CPR Caucus
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Atlasian Emergency CPR Caucus  (Read 3618 times)
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 05:11:18 PM »

Should we amend the Constitution to order a minimum amount of debate per day or just hope the will of the people and the lifeblood of the Senate will do it on their own?

I could see an activity-based Constitutional amendment.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 11:21:33 AM »

Should we amend the Constitution to order a minimum amount of debate per day or just hope the will of the people and the lifeblood of the Senate will do it on their own?

why the f do you listen to Alex Jones?
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 11:43:44 AM »

That's kinda like asking a heroin user why they do it...

cuz it's fun.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 01:50:21 PM »

Im in.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 02:15:16 PM »

cuz it's fun.

"Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun. But Mama, that's where the fun is"

lol, Manfred Mann Smiley

20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2012, 05:08:57 PM »

"Momma always said life is like a jar of jelly beans...they're all good, 'cept the black ones."
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 05:54:28 PM »

We need the JCP and RPP back, plain and simple. Dissolving them clearly destroyed the game. And I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 06:33:18 PM »

We need the JCP and RPP back, plain and simple. Dissolving them clearly destroyed the game. And I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

What amuses me is that the main critic of the JCP got bored and left the game once he got his way. lol.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 09:45:56 PM »

Uhh no thanks.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 12:34:29 AM »

Uhh no thanks.

I can tell you're new, since every D-WA was JCP. EVERY ONE.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 09:30:30 AM »

Uhh no thanks.

I can tell you're new, since every D-WA was JCP. EVERY ONE.

Yep. There wasn't a single D-WA avatar that wasn't JCP.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 09:33:22 AM »

20RP12- are you cutting class?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »

cuz it's fun.

Please... tell us of your past heroin use.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 11:04:02 AM »

Nope, I'm on Spring Break Smiley

Please... tell us of your past heroin use.

Well, you see, back in the 90's I sang in a band called Nirvana...
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 04:57:00 PM »

It is kind of like in that Goosebumps episodes where everyone in town was killed by a chemical spill and a new family that is alive moves into town. A bunch of the dead people surround the house and the "friendly neighbors" blame the weird piece of artwork on the wall for attracting them. Frinally the mother succumbs to the pressure and burns the thing. The zombies back away for a second, then come back twice as aggressive and the "neighbors" show off their true colors and let the mob inside stating, "you just destoyed the one thing that protected you".

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 05:47:10 PM »

The problem is, the game was dying prior to the party wars that rose up and occupied most of our time. When I came to Atlasia in 2007/2008, it was pretty much dying as well. The South left the union, created a controversy, and the RPP was formed which united the right for the first time in a while. The left floundered for a while before it coalesced around the JCP, and then the parties went on recruiting and GOTV wars.

By killing off the parties, most of us lost a reason to be in the game so the old timers have left in droves.

Reinstating the RPP might help, but likely we are going through another period like when I first arrived, when the old timers then got tired and left the game, leaving new people to pick up the pieces.

While I knew the game would experience growing pains after the parties collapsed, I didn't imagine it would be like this. Who is even in the senate anymore? Yankee and? Every time I check this part of the thread when I am not on BuskKE's threads, I always see theres a special election going on or someone else has resigned. It's sad.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 05:52:14 PM »

The problem is, the game was dying prior to the party wars that rose up and occupied most of our time. When I came to Atlasia in 2007/2008, it was pretty much dying as well. The South left the union, created a controversy, and the RPP was formed which united the right for the first time in a while. The left floundered for a while before it coalesced around the JCP, and then the parties went on recruiting and GOTV wars.

By killing off the parties, most of us lost a reason to be in the game so the old timers have left in droves.

Reinstating the RPP might help, but likely we are going through another period like when I first arrived, when the old timers then got tired and left the game, leaving new people to pick up the pieces.

While I knew the game would experience growing pains after the parties collapsed, I didn't imagine it would be like this. Who is even in the senate anymore? Yankee and? Every time I check this part of the thread when I am not on BuskKE's threads, I always see theres a special election going on or someone else has resigned. It's sad.

Come back to the game, dude.  We need old players back.  Desperately.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2012, 06:21:32 PM »

This is the truth. I mean, the last two at-large senate elections weren't even that competitive. Atlasia is dying. New blood isn't helping, and neither is old blood. Its down to if you arent a member of a left leaning party, you're probably not getting elected.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 06:28:09 PM »

This is the truth. I mean, the last two at-large senate elections weren't even that competitive. Atlasia is dying. New blood isn't helping, and neither is old blood. Its down to if you arent a member of a left leaning party, you're probably not getting elected.

Yeah, I just read 65 voters turned out for the last election. We usually got 100 or more about a year ago. It's amazing how much the game really relied on a few people to keep it going. The new crop of "leaders" and "bosses" aren't getting it done at all. Some days,  I feel like its time for the adults to come back and show everyone the way, and other days, I think a walk in the wilderness is what the game needs. It certainly is a ghost town at the moment.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 06:54:51 PM »

Well, you can blame the RPP's relentless negative attacks and desperation for bringing about this sentiment. Anti-JCP rhetoric ruined the game.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2012, 07:31:15 PM »

Well, you can blame the RPP's relentless negative attacks and desperation for bringing about this sentiment. Anti-JCP rhetoric ruined the game.

Sh*tstorm approaching!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2012, 05:51:35 AM »

Surreeeeee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2012, 07:34:48 AM »

The man who led the drive for a more partisan oriented game is now blaming partisan motivated attacks for destroying it. Roll Eyes

Since when has any victorious party not come under attack from the minority at some point during any particular cycle? It is natural for the minority to seek to become the majority and that setup is meant to serve as a democratic check on the party in power. It also gives people a reason to participate.  The problem came when certain people in both parties began to read too much into the hype and rhetoric. Also, the JCP shouldn't have taken those attacks on their success so damn personally. Its like you guys thought you were owed deference or something. Creating the potential for competition is what kept so many conservatives in this game and participating, that aren't now. 

Something hurt the game last year to be sure and it in fact drove more people to either leave or want to leave then Hamilton did. Perhaps you should look a little closer to home. Tongue

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2012, 09:07:56 AM »

Obvious solution is obvious: bring back the RPP.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2012, 11:32:53 AM »

Obvious solution is obvious: bring back the RPP.
NO.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies