Atlasian Emergency CPR Caucus (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:09:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Emergency CPR Caucus (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian Emergency CPR Caucus  (Read 3703 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: April 02, 2012, 05:47:10 PM »

The problem is, the game was dying prior to the party wars that rose up and occupied most of our time. When I came to Atlasia in 2007/2008, it was pretty much dying as well. The South left the union, created a controversy, and the RPP was formed which united the right for the first time in a while. The left floundered for a while before it coalesced around the JCP, and then the parties went on recruiting and GOTV wars.

By killing off the parties, most of us lost a reason to be in the game so the old timers have left in droves.

Reinstating the RPP might help, but likely we are going through another period like when I first arrived, when the old timers then got tired and left the game, leaving new people to pick up the pieces.

While I knew the game would experience growing pains after the parties collapsed, I didn't imagine it would be like this. Who is even in the senate anymore? Yankee and? Every time I check this part of the thread when I am not on BuskKE's threads, I always see theres a special election going on or someone else has resigned. It's sad.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:28:09 PM »

The problem is, the game was dying prior to the party wars that rose up and occupied most of our time. When I came to Atlasia in 2007/2008, it was pretty much dying as well. The South left the union, created a controversy, and the RPP was formed which united the right for the first time in a while. The left floundered for a while before it coalesced around the JCP, and then the parties went on recruiting and GOTV wars.

By killing off the parties, most of us lost a reason to be in the game so the old timers have left in droves.

Reinstating the RPP might help, but likely we are going through another period like when I first arrived, when the old timers then got tired and left the game, leaving new people to pick up the pieces.

While I knew the game would experience growing pains after the parties collapsed, I didn't imagine it would be like this. Who is even in the senate anymore? Yankee and? Every time I check this part of the thread when I am not on BuskKE's threads, I always see theres a special election going on or someone else has resigned. It's sad.

This is the truth. I mean, the last two at-large senate elections weren't even that competitive. Atlasia is dying. New blood isn't helping, and neither is old blood. Its down to if you arent a member of a left leaning party, you're probably not getting elected.

Yeah, I just read 65 voters turned out for the last election. We usually got 100 or more about a year ago. It's amazing how much the game really relied on a few people to keep it going. The new crop of "leaders" and "bosses" aren't getting it done at all. Some days,  I feel like its time for the adults to come back and show everyone the way, and other days, I think a walk in the wilderness is what the game needs. It certainly is a ghost town at the moment.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 12:51:26 PM »

I don't think bring me or the RPP back would solve many things now. I'd love to see the old party come back because I miss it, but I don't know if the consequences will be what we want. The game will see a resurrection one day led by someone new, but now is not the time. It lacks leaders since the old leaders went on self-imposed exile.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 02:49:07 PM »

How about all of you southern people join the Imperial Bloc?  That will spice the game up.

Does it have a strong leadership group? That's what made the JCP and RPP run things. It was the people in charge of them. They were dedicated, strong willed, intimidating and ruthless. Most importantly, we were ruthless. Without us in charge, look what happened! This was essential to game success. In order to turn things around, people need to take initiative to lead and we will see things tick up again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies