Atlasian Emergency CPR Caucus (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:32:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Emergency CPR Caucus (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian Emergency CPR Caucus  (Read 3696 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: March 29, 2012, 11:45:08 AM »

Might as well join.  I'm willing to do most anything it takes to promote activism here.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 11:46:29 AM »

I believe that term limits can save Atlasia and inflow new blood. Opinions?

I strongly oppose term limits.  The parties already seem to be having a rough time recruiting candidates for special elections, as it is.  Term limits would just lead to new vacancies and would inevitably have to be repealed for the game to survive.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 11:52:32 AM »

I believe that term limits can save Atlasia and inflow new blood. Opinions?

I strongly oppose term limits.  The parties already seem to be having a rough time recruiting candidates for special elections, as it is.  Term limits would just lead to new vacancies and would inevitably have to be repealed for the game to survive.
But veterans running for one more 9001st term would just alienate newbies.

Which we don't have many of right now.  Regions that lack a sufficient number of active players would suffer for this if no one in a region is able to run.  And personally, I oppose term limits because I feel it should be up to the voters to decide if their officeholders have been in the government for too long.  If anything, this issue would be better left to the regions and not the federal government.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 05:52:14 PM »

The problem is, the game was dying prior to the party wars that rose up and occupied most of our time. When I came to Atlasia in 2007/2008, it was pretty much dying as well. The South left the union, created a controversy, and the RPP was formed which united the right for the first time in a while. The left floundered for a while before it coalesced around the JCP, and then the parties went on recruiting and GOTV wars.

By killing off the parties, most of us lost a reason to be in the game so the old timers have left in droves.

Reinstating the RPP might help, but likely we are going through another period like when I first arrived, when the old timers then got tired and left the game, leaving new people to pick up the pieces.

While I knew the game would experience growing pains after the parties collapsed, I didn't imagine it would be like this. Who is even in the senate anymore? Yankee and? Every time I check this part of the thread when I am not on BuskKE's threads, I always see theres a special election going on or someone else has resigned. It's sad.

Come back to the game, dude.  We need old players back.  Desperately.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 05:17:30 PM »

Sorry, but I personally can't endorse treason against my country. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 05:25:19 PM »

I think we should embrace activism and work to fix this game, by all means.  I just don't think that publicly declaring the government illegitimate will actually do anything. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 06:38:31 PM »

it is not that the act of declaring the government as illegitimate that will in and of itself do anything -- this I have never claimed.  rather it frees us from the legal and other constraints that only at this point serve as a massive roadblock towards achieving what we need to achieve.

This has been done several times before.  All it does is ruin the game and lead to fights.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies