Atlasian Emergency CPR Caucus (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:35:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Emergency CPR Caucus (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian Emergency CPR Caucus  (Read 3697 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« on: April 02, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »

Should we amend the Constitution to order a minimum amount of debate per day or just hope the will of the people and the lifeblood of the Senate will do it on their own?

I could see an activity-based Constitutional amendment.
why the f do you listen to Alex Jones?

That's kinda like asking a heroin user why they do it...

cuz it's fun.

Please... tell us of your past heroin use.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:21:32 PM »

The problem is, the game was dying prior to the party wars that rose up and occupied most of our time. When I came to Atlasia in 2007/2008, it was pretty much dying as well. The South left the union, created a controversy, and the RPP was formed which united the right for the first time in a while. The left floundered for a while before it coalesced around the JCP, and then the parties went on recruiting and GOTV wars.

By killing off the parties, most of us lost a reason to be in the game so the old timers have left in droves.

Reinstating the RPP might help, but likely we are going through another period like when I first arrived, when the old timers then got tired and left the game, leaving new people to pick up the pieces.

While I knew the game would experience growing pains after the parties collapsed, I didn't imagine it would be like this. Who is even in the senate anymore? Yankee and? Every time I check this part of the thread when I am not on BuskKE's threads, I always see theres a special election going on or someone else has resigned. It's sad.

This is the truth. I mean, the last two at-large senate elections weren't even that competitive. Atlasia is dying. New blood isn't helping, and neither is old blood. Its down to if you arent a member of a left leaning party, you're probably not getting elected.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 05:51:35 AM »

Well, you can blame the RPP's relentless negative attacks and desperation for bringing about this sentiment. Anti-JCP rhetoric ruined the game.

Surreeeeee
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies