Rand will never win the GOP nomination
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:27:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Rand will never win the GOP nomination
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rand will never win the GOP nomination  (Read 849 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2012, 06:03:41 PM »

Not only is his base apparently less then we would have thought based upon his father's performance this year- not only is he much less of a likeable figure then his father- but he remains far too outside the GOP mainstream....

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-congress/2012/03/rand-paul-blocks-iran-sanctions-bill-118887.html

He is in a minority of one. Perhaps people admire his principle, but not his policies...
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »

Even I like his dad ten times more than him.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 06:40:18 PM »

Everyone likes and will always like Ron more; that being said, Rand is 100% right on the Iran sanctions, and his views are much more mainstream compared to his father. Paul's base, while still not large enough to win, has expanded massively. Rand is a strong contender for the nomination.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 06:53:11 PM »

I like Rand better, he's less mental.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 08:15:23 PM »

Everyone likes and will always like Ron more; that being said, Rand is 100% right on the Iran sanctions, and his views are much more mainstream compared to his father. Paul's base, while still not large enough to win, has expanded massively. Rand is a strong contender for the nomination.

Serious?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 08:48:15 PM »

Serious?
Yes. Not a whole lot more, but generally closer to the average Republican.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 10:58:31 PM »

Serious?

Hannity and the other conservative talking heads don't go into a seizure when they mention Rand's name, since he is quite good at talking and acting like a standard southern/midwestern social conservative when it counts and keeps the libertarian tendencies to a minimum in comparison.

For that reason, I much prefer Ron to Rand, especially since I don't really see Rand taking as many principled stands (from what I've heard he's about as likely to lose Kentucky next election as Nancy Pelosi to lose San Francisco, but he still can't do as much as a senator) and he just doesn't rub me the right way sometimes. Mind, I don't really like having libertarianism in the US being basically represented by a lone 73 year old congressman with a pendant for making poor short term political decisions.
Reginald
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 08:19:32 PM »

Do the Father and the Son hold notably different positions on any issues? I can't say I'm aware of any; Rand just seems a bit more nuanced/"marketable." But I don't admit to know the particulars with these two... I'm simply curious.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies