Trayvon Martin was serving suspension for marijuana possession
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:22:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trayvon Martin was serving suspension for marijuana possession
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trayvon Martin was serving suspension for marijuana possession  (Read 4522 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 01:20:44 PM »
« edited: March 28, 2012, 01:22:22 PM by Joe Republic »

It is not relevant to the facts of the case...but does disprove the media claims that Trayvon was a "model student"

As I have said- I believe Zimmerman should be arrested from what I know of the case... but this has been taken into overdrive and he has been given trial by media when the facts are still murky...

Indirectly, it was quite relevent to the case. Martin was videotaped at his school spray painting the letters "WTF." The next day, his backpack was searched to confiscate any spray paint. While they did not find any spray paint, they did find some women's jewelry, and a screwdriver they described as a burglary tool. They, also, found a bag with traces of marijuana residue.

Everybody has just assumed that Zimmerman "racially profiled" Martin. Another possibility is that there was burglary suspect in the neighborhood whom was tall, Black, and very thin, and Zimmerman noticed he fit the description. Another possibility is that Martin was in fact a burglar, and was acting in a suspicious manner. Another possibility is that Martin fit the description of a burglar in Martin's father's neighborhood because Martin was in fact that burglar.

Plus, black people are indeed very scary people who will most likely mug you and sell drugs to your kids.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 01:24:30 PM »

Since when is trace amounts of residue intention to distribute?

It isn't. However, there is a tweet from Martin's twitter account that hints that he did.
Jacobtm

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 01:25:26 PM »

You should be ashamed of yourself, besmirching a slain teenagers' name.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 01:28:52 PM »

Since when is trace amounts of residue intention to distribute?

It isn't. However, there is a tweet from Martin's twitter account that hints that he did.

This hearsay evidence from a social networking site is more than I need to justify his shooting.

Phew!  I feel so relieved now I can strip away my white guilt!
BigSkyBob

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 01:45:32 PM »

It is not relevant to the facts of the case...but does disprove the media claims that Trayvon was a "model student"

As I have said- I believe Zimmerman should be arrested from what I know of the case... but this has been taken into overdrive and he has been given trial by media when the facts are still murky...

Indirectly, it was quite relevent to the case. Martin was videotaped at his school spray painting the letters "WTF." The next day, his backpack was searched to confiscate any spray paint. While they did not find any spray paint, they did find some women's jewelry, and a screwdriver they described as a burglary tool. They, also, found a bag with traces of marijuana residue.

Everybody has just assumed that Zimmerman "racially profiled" Martin. Another possibility is that there was burglary suspect in the neighborhood whom was tall, Black, and very thin, and Zimmerman noticed he fit the description. Another possibility is that Martin was in fact a burglar, and was acting in a suspicious manner. Another possibility is that Martin fit the description of a burglar in Martin's father's neighborhood because Martin was in fact that burglar.

Plus, black people are indeed very scary people who will most likely mug you and sell drugs to your kids.

I see you are committed to the "racially profiled" theory. His more recent photos indicate he had several gold caps on his teeth. Gold dental work is a bit of luxury. When his backpack was searched at school,  it included female jewerly. Where did the money come from for such luxuries? Perhaps, his folks were affluent.

On the exchanges on his twitter account was a tweet by a man bemoaning his failure to locate Martin when he was looking for some "plant." Another tweet asked Martin if really swung at a bus driver. You ought to research his tweeter handle. Martin hardly adhered to the tenants of political correctness.

Whether parents ought to fear any Black teen mugging them or selling drugs to their kids is one question. Whether parents ought to have the same fears about Martin is another question.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 01:51:25 PM »

I see you are committed to the "racially profiled" theory. His more recent photos indicate he had several gold caps on his teeth. Gold dental work is a bit of luxury. When his backpack was searched at school,  it included female jewerly. Where did the money come from for such luxuries? Perhaps, his folks were affluent.

On the exchanges on his twitter account was a tweet by a man bemoaning his failure to locate Martin when he was looking for some "plant." Another tweet asked Martin if really swung at a bus driver. You ought to research his tweeter handle. Martin hardly adhered to the tenants of political correctness.

Whether parents ought to fear any Black teen mugging them or selling drugs to their kids is one question. Whether parents ought to have the same fears about Martin is another question.

Indeed, as oakvale and I have already stated in this thread, black people are terrifying!  But luckily, George Zimmerman had already researched Trayvon Martin's criminal background, Twitter handle, and the contents of his backpack before deciding to make the world a safer place by shooting him to death.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 02:28:27 PM »

...And how is any of this, even if true, a justification for Zimmerman shooting him?

Let's say, hypothetically, that you're right and he's a purse-snatcher, vandal, and drug dealer.  Does that change the facts of the case at all?  He was still gunned down by a man who followed him for multiple blocks and, upon being confronted, escalated a (probable) fistfight to shooting a firearm at an unarmed opponent.  We arrest and convict people for killing prostitutes, gang members, robbers, drug dealers, and other criminals.  As a society, you can't just say it's open season on people that break the law.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 08:30:47 PM »

He was still gunned down by a man who followed him for multiple blocks and, upon being confronted, escalated a (probable) fistfight to shooting a firearm at an unarmed opponent. 

Was he confronted or did he confront someone else?  I think that is the key question.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 09:29:26 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmMSaVYAcRQ&feature=player_embedded#!

Zimmerman looks completely beaten up and broken here.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 09:43:19 PM »

Yeah... Given that the screams for help lasted a full 40 seconds on one of the 911 calls (which would have meant much longer than 40 seconds considering the time from the first cry being heard to the start of the call) and given how fast fights happen, the claim that Martin was beating up Zimmerman the whole time seems absurd.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2012, 12:17:32 AM »

Yeah... Given that the screams for help lasted a full 40 seconds on one of the 911 calls (which would have meant much longer than 40 seconds considering the time from the first cry being heard to the start of the call) and given how fast fights happen, the claim that Martin was beating up Zimmerman the whole time seems absurd.

Martin was on the phone with his girlfriend. She heard him ask if Zimmerman had a problem, and Zimmerman answer back by inquiring what Martin was doing. She did not hear any cries for help. She believes that a fight caused Martin's headset to disconnect. She seems to be saying that the fight occurred immediately after the verbal exchange. It would have been very ironic for Martin to voluntarily hang up while screaming for forty seconds for help.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 12:19:31 AM »

I see you are committed to the "racially profiled" theory. His more recent photos indicate he had several gold caps on his teeth. Gold dental work is a bit of luxury. When his backpack was searched at school,  it included female jewelry. Where did the money come from for such luxuries? Perhaps, his folks were affluent.

Indeed, as oakvale and I have already stated in this thread, black people are terrifying!  But luckily, George Zimmerman had already researched Trayvon Martin's criminal background, Twitter handle, and the contents of his backpack before deciding to make the world a safer place by shooting him to death.

What is clear is the left didn't do any research into the facts in this case before deciding that Martin was a "model student" who was gunned down by after being racially profiled by a White man.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 12:47:33 AM »

...And how is any of this, even if true, a justification for Zimmerman shooting him?

Let's say, hypothetically, that you're right and he's a purse-snatcher, vandal, and drug dealer.  Does that change the facts of the case at all?  He was still gunned down by a man who followed him for multiple blocks and, upon being confronted, escalated a (probable) fistfight to shooting a firearm at an unarmed opponent.
How many blocks was Martin followed?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 11:40:08 PM »

I'm not sure what to make of this case. Just earlier this week I could I have told you with confidence that Martin was an aggressor, and how all of the things in his background would reduce the probability of his innocence... but now we see the new video with Zimmerman w/o injuries, and past information, and I'm forced to conclude that I really don't know. We need more evidence- but Zimmerman should be in jail regardless.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2012, 10:37:26 PM »

I'm not sure what to make of this case. Just earlier this week I could I have told you with confidence that Martin was an aggressor, and how all of the things in his background would reduce the probability of his innocence... but now we see the new video with Zimmerman w/o injuries, and past information, and I'm forced to conclude that I really don't know. We need more evidence- but Zimmerman should be in jail regardless.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/neighbor-defends-george-zimmerman-03302012

Zimmerman's neighbor observed the bruises the next day. They take time to form.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2012, 02:44:42 PM »

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/neighbor-defends-george-zimmerman-03302012

So what? He brought a gun to a fistfight and used it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2012, 03:18:01 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2012, 03:20:24 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Zimmerman has a history of violence. The state attorney who blocked the homocide detectives plan to press charges should be fired.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2012, 03:23:15 PM »

Victimless crime.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2012, 04:07:57 PM »

There sure are a bunch of lowlife scumbags on this forum.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2012, 06:25:56 PM »

So what? He brought a gun to a fistfight and used it.

Wait, he had a concealed carry permit, and, he was going to the market. The question is whether, or not, he used his gun in self-defense, or not. Having a concealed carry permit simply does not create a presumption of guilt.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2012, 12:45:43 AM »

An American teenager had a bag of pot? My god, the horror!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies