Vote on final passage of The Atlasian National Broadcaster Bill:
Aye (5): Alfred T. Jones, ILV, Nathan, sbane, and Scott
Nay (4): Clarence, NC Yankee, Pingvin99, and TJ in Cleve
Didn't Vote (1): MoPolitico
With five votes in the affirmative, four votes in the negative, one Senator not voting, and time having expired, The Atlasian National Broadcaster Bill has passed the Senate and is presented to the President for executive action.
The Atlasian National Broadcaster Bill
This Bill will create a National Broadcaster.
The Atlasian National Broadcaster will be funded through a national levy that will be added to personal and corporate tax determinations. The additional levy will be 0.5% of taxable income.
- a National Broadcasting Levy of 0.25% of annual taxable income will be placed on individual incomes above 50,000 and household incomes above $65,000. Any shortfall will be made up by donations.
- a National Broadcasting Levy of 0.5% of annual taxable income will be placed on corporate incomes of $350,001 and up.
- No advertising for non-National Broadcasting programs or products will be permitted on nationally broadcasted television or radio.
- this Bill will create one national television network within 12 months of this Bill being passed. An analogue signal will be in place until July 2014 and a digital signal in place from the inception.
- this Bill will create one national radio station within 12 months of this Bill being passed.
This Bill create a advisory and management Board. The Board will be appointed by a Senate vote, based on public nominations. The Government will have no control over content. Both these boards will consist of non-player characters. Their membership and actions simulated by the Game Moderator and/or Secretary of Internal Affairs as necessary.
The Management Board
- will consist of 5 Atlasians, with 6 month terms
- a Chair will be elected within the Board
- the role of the Management Board will be to determine programming, budget allocations and merchandising
The Advisory Board
- will consist of 3 Atlasians with 3 month terms
- the role of the Advisory Board will be to advise the Management Board in their deliberations.