Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2014, 02:01:22 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: Bacon King)
| | |-+  Rand will never win the GOP nomination
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rand will never win the GOP nomination  (Read 611 times)
President William McKinley
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2012, 06:03:41 pm »
Ignore

Not only is his base apparently less then we would have thought based upon his father's performance this year- not only is he much less of a likeable figure then his father- but he remains far too outside the GOP mainstream....

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-congress/2012/03/rand-paul-blocks-iran-sanctions-bill-118887.html

He is in a minority of one. Perhaps people admire his principle, but not his policies...

Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 07:38:29 pm »
Ignore

Even I like his dad ten times more than him.

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 06:40:18 pm »
Ignore

Everyone likes and will always like Ron more; that being said, Rand is 100% right on the Iran sanctions, and his views are much more mainstream compared to his father. Paul's base, while still not large enough to win, has expanded massively. Rand is a strong contender for the nomination.

America's like that hot chick everyone wants, and illegal immigrants are all the nerds that she should say "no" to.
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 06:53:11 pm »
Ignore

I like Rand better, he's less mental.

morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 08:15:23 pm »
Ignore

Everyone likes and will always like Ron more; that being said, Rand is 100% right on the Iran sanctions, and his views are much more mainstream compared to his father. Paul's base, while still not large enough to win, has expanded massively. Rand is a strong contender for the nomination.

Serious?
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 08:48:15 pm »
Ignore

Serious?
Yes. Not a whole lot more, but generally closer to the average Republican.

America's like that hot chick everyone wants, and illegal immigrants are all the nerds that she should say "no" to.
Korwinist
ModernBourbon Democrat
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 10:58:31 pm »
Ignore

Serious?

Hannity and the other conservative talking heads don't go into a seizure when they mention Rand's name, since he is quite good at talking and acting like a standard southern/midwestern social conservative when it counts and keeps the libertarian tendencies to a minimum in comparison.

For that reason, I much prefer Ron to Rand, especially since I don't really see Rand taking as many principled stands (from what I've heard he's about as likely to lose Kentucky next election as Nancy Pelosi to lose San Francisco, but he still can't do as much as a senator) and he just doesn't rub me the right way sometimes. Mind, I don't really like having libertarianism in the US being basically represented by a lone 73 year old congressman with a pendant for making poor short term political decisions.

Reginald

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 08:19:32 pm »
Ignore

Do the Father and the Son hold notably different positions on any issues? I can't say I'm aware of any; Rand just seems a bit more nuanced/"marketable." But I don't admit to know the particulars with these two... I'm simply curious.

Why the F********CK would you open this God damn thread if you expected only to get compliments and butterflies, you fat F'in moron?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout