SENATE BILL: Homeowners Protection Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:57:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Homeowners Protection Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Homeowners Protection Act (Law'd)  (Read 2588 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: March 31, 2012, 07:11:03 PM »
« edited: March 31, 2012, 07:20:36 PM by Senator Sbane »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I agree with TJ and offer this amendment. The way it is written, it would make it impossible for banks to sell properties before the foreclosure has ended. And anyways banks chop up mortgages between themselves and this would seem to end that.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 09:07:55 PM »

I believe the first point of this Bill is to protect homeowners from situations, however, the Bill is also designed to ensure that Banks have their paperwork in order.

The only long-standing element of this Bill is to ensure banks comply with their administrative responsibilities.

Note that the spikes in home foreclosures are forcing housing values through the floor and also devaluing a primary tax base. We accept that foreclosures will happen, of course, but we need to stem the bleeding and pull back to take stock.

I'm needing to be convinced of the point of allowing banks to continue to foreclose when they no longer have ownership of that mortgage. At present I would not support the amendment.

The new owners would be able to foreclose on them if they have their paperwork in order? Otherwise I agree with trying to slow down the rate of foreclosures.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 09:43:43 PM »

Since foreclosure proceedings can be started by the party that owns the mortgage, I will retract my amendment. Banks should be able to prove they own the mortgage before they can foreclose on someone.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 10:23:03 PM »

I believe so Yankee.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 09:57:49 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: