SENATE BILL: The New Atlasian Healthcare Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:36:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The New Atlasian Healthcare Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The New Atlasian Healthcare Act (Law'd)  (Read 19654 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: March 31, 2012, 07:24:26 PM »

This looks like it's just the current law with a few amendments. Which parts are being changed?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:37:46 PM »

I propose this amendment to Section 1b.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The conservative citizens within Atlasia have no desire for their hard earned income be used for contraceptive services. We obviously know abortion services would fall within the scope of this bill. As a citizen and as a regional representative I urge the senate to not add to section b of this bill and in fact oppose this bill should contraceptive services remain in the bill.
I don't see any reason why "contraceptive services" would include abortions. I'm guessing this amendment would just add vasectomies or tube-tying surgeries since birth control pills would already be covered under prescription drugs.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 08:35:45 PM »

This looks like it's just the current law with a few amendments. Which parts are being changed?
Given how many headaches have been caused trying to understand the law as currently written and finding a way to pat for it,  this is still something that needs to be answered.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 05:51:22 PM »

Thanks, sbane.

Are those percentage of costs being covered by the government after or before any part covered by private insurance?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 02:56:06 PM »

I'm not talking about insurance for services not covered by the government.  If someone has half their costs covered by the government, they'd be likely to buy private insurance to help cover the rest. That would be a different cost to the government then if the government was covering half the cost to the individual post-insurance.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 04:56:48 PM »

Poverty line is about 22 K for a family of four.  That means that if you make 54 K, you are covered on 90% of costs, with maximum payment of 2700 K.  If you make 57 K, you are covered on 50% of costs, with a maximum payment of 8550 K.   Some people risk losing money due to increased health costs as their incomes go up.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 06:14:17 PM »

Are you looking at making changes to the healthcare payroll tax along with this?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 09:05:23 PM »

Are you looking at making changes to the healthcare payroll tax along with this?

Yes, this bill raises the tax on the top bracket to 5.5%.

Does it take into account the incremental increases we passed last year that are slowly coming into effect now?

It is not an income tax.

I am pretty sure that is what shua is asking about though.
Yeah, I'm not referring to the tax on health insurance, which turned out to only cover about one percent of the cost. I'm asking about the payroll tax passed as part of the comprehensive social security act to pay for the shortfall in healthcare funding.

Healthcare Taxes    $ 536.7 B
 Healthcare Payroll Tax  (CSSRA sec.4)              $ 525.2 B
     3% Jan-Mar, 4.5% Apr-Jun, 6% Jul-Aug, 6.5% Sep-Dec
 Health Insurance Tax   (ANHA sec.2c)                 $ 11.5 B
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 02:29:34 PM »

I would recommend getting Shua's feedback on the extent of the amount.

are you asking me to calculate something?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 11:43:48 PM »

I would recommend getting Shua's feedback on the extent of the amount.

are you asking me to calculate something?

No, but I was recommending that Sbane ask you to.

Uh..yeah. Shua, can you please calculate how much the tax on health insurance will bring in if these changes are implented? Thanks!
It will about double to $20 Billion or so, mostly because more people will be purchasing health insurance.  Not much of a change in revenue from currently in the grand scheme of things.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 08:39:12 PM »

That is what I would expect since most people still won't purchase insurance. The main funding for this comes from the payroll tax and general funds.

Also can you calculate how much this cost sharing will save the government?
Currently, the cost of the ANHA is nearly $1250 Billion, and will probably rise by at least $100 Billion as more people join the program if kept as is.  With the bill before the Senate,  I estimate the ANHA will be kept to $900-950 Billion for the next few years. So a savings of about $300 Billion now, but more down the road.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 10:52:40 AM »

Yes.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 01:23:52 PM »

But really someone explain why Chiropractor services are included in the healthcare bill? We might as well include acupunture and herbal-remedies too then.

They were included in the original bill written Fritz three years ago and you were the first to ask that question.

I would suggest leaving them covered in the bill for treatment of lower back pain and herneated discs. Perhaps we could use an amendment to this stating subluxation, acupuncture, and herbal remedies are not included.
There is not a procedure called subluxation. It's a concept of physiological dysfunction. 
FWIW, I had delibitating back pain last year and found chiropractic to be immensely helpful.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 02:07:06 PM »

I suggest mentioning the health payroll part of the funding in the text of this bill (whether you keep it as is, change it or repeal/replace it), so that it is comprehensive.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 05:29:08 PM »

The amendment has passed.

Is it possible to cap the Payroll tax hike and find a way to make up the loss of revenue from foregoing the final leg of implementation?

Or you could consider capping it in any case. Reducing the rate from the ultimate 6.5% to the current 4.5% would mean a loss of revenue of about $225 billion. This bill would save at least $300 billion in spending.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 09:09:59 PM »

Shua, if we keep the payroll tax as is and institute the cuts as presented in this bill, how much revenue will we be getting from the taxes and how much will we be spending if we pass this bill. Trying to figure out how much we would still be taking from the general revenue. Thanks.
When you say "as is" do you mean the current law or the current rate?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 10:43:18 PM »

Shua, if we keep the payroll tax as is and institute the cuts as presented in this bill, how much revenue will we be getting from the taxes and how much will we be spending if we pass this bill. Trying to figure out how much we would still be taking from the general revenue. Thanks.
When you say "as is" do you mean the current law or the current rate?
I mean if we keep the payroll tax and it's increases in place as was passed in the social security bill.
The 6.5% tax will mean $750 billion/yr once fully implemented. If this bill passes, the cost of the program will be about $950 billion/yr.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 10:35:44 PM »

Didn't Vote (4): AndrewPA, Clarence, Seatown and Wormyguy 

I guess some people don't care about taxes one way or the other.  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length