SENATE BILL: The New Atlasian Healthcare Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:12:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The New Atlasian Healthcare Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The New Atlasian Healthcare Act (Law'd)  (Read 19688 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: April 03, 2012, 08:44:31 PM »

I voice my disapproval of the Whig War on Women.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 09:42:16 PM »

This looks like it's just the current law with a few amendments. Which parts are being changed?
Given how many headaches have been caused trying to understand the law as currently written and finding a way to pat for it,  this is still something that needs to be answered.

Atlasian who can afford to pay for a portion of their healthcare will have to do so, to make the program sustainable.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 10:45:03 AM »

Healthcare policy is confusing.  So Sbane is giving us the changes that have happened since the current Atlasian policy?  I like the addition of contraception and a ban on advertising of drugs, but would someone explain to me how Section 2(a) is different from our current policy?  Does it just provide more detail?

This looks like it's just the current law with a few amendments. Which parts are being changed?
Given how many headaches have been caused trying to understand the law as currently written and finding a way to pat for it,  this is still something that needs to be answered.

Atlasian who can afford to pay for a portion of their healthcare will have to do so, to make the program sustainable.

Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 02:24:13 AM »

OK, I understand it now. So we're going to make people pay for some of it based on income, instead of having it be free?

Yes. Senator MOPolitico and I wrote this in response to a GM posting that the current law was creating a massive debt and was wholly unsustainable.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 07:00:52 PM »

I am too lazy to look it up and don't remember exactly but I am decently certain it is only a half-percent increase.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 08:53:07 PM »

Are you looking at making changes to the healthcare payroll tax along with this?

Yes, this bill raises the tax on the top bracket to 5.5%.

Does it take into account the incremental increases we passed last year that are slowly coming into effect now?

It is not an income tax.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 07:04:14 PM »

Yes, that was taken into account. Depending on revenue figures I was not privy to as a Senator, it is possible that some adjustments could be made.

And Mr. PPT, if you could, I much prefer "The Honorable Former Senator of the Northeast". Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 05:21:22 PM »

Whether or not something is currently law doesn't take away from the fact the Whig position here is inherently anti-woman.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 06:23:27 PM »

It decreases revenue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies