the mystification of the androgynous aspects of the female body
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:22:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  the mystification of the androgynous aspects of the female body
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: the mystification of the androgynous aspects of the female body  (Read 4143 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2012, 02:09:46 PM »

I'm a heterosexual, and have always been guilty of mystifying women, and increasingly so as time goes on.  but I notice, I do not mystify their uniquely feminine aspects: breasts and vaginas, I know crudely what I want to do with them, but that's it.  I feel as if I understand them.  what I am talking about here are those 'parts' that we share: hands, feet, thighs, ass, and so on.  so often I am fascinated for moments on end just by watching an attractive woman gesticulate with and use her hands!  

is this 'mystification' an extension of gender oppression?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 03:47:10 PM »

You sound like some sort of fetishist, Tweed.  Though I'll admit I do require delicate, fine features and long slim delicate hands if I'm to get more than superficially interested.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 03:53:20 PM »

is this 'mystification' an extension of gender oppression?
No, of suppressed homosexuality.

Alright, strike the part after the comma.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 04:03:49 PM »

You sound like some sort of fetishist, Tweed.  Though I'll admit I do require delicate, fine features and long slim delicate hands if I'm to get more than superficially interested.

openly so, yes.  I came out as a foot fetishist on Atlas circa 2005.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 04:06:59 PM »

also if you're out there, I'd love to get Nathan's opinion on this.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 04:17:03 PM »

I see nothing wrong with that.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 04:20:27 PM »

only the insecure do!  Dostoievsky was a foot fetishist.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 04:28:19 PM »

I never knew that!  Do you have unusual foot-practices?  I always thought of foot-fetishism as a part of a 'submissive' sort of schtick.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 04:33:35 PM »

it can be but is not necessarily intertwined with that.  I do enjoy interacting with (certain) female feet, not sure if that's what you're asking.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 04:48:01 PM »

I don't think it's sexist to say that women tend to have physically different bodies even when the parts are technically the same (say, a different skin).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 04:49:45 PM »

Still uncertain about your sexuality, Tweed?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 05:01:39 PM »

not really, I'm always evolving, but I'm glad to see you've been keeping and maintaining score on this count.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 05:04:34 PM »

not really, I'm always evolving, but I'm glad to see you've been keeping and maintaining score on this count.

Bah, this is my lifetime goal.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 05:09:59 PM »

Personally, as a 15 year old boy who is undergoing the transformation in which breasts, bottoms and baby-makers are becoming quite attractive, I feel as if--and please don't laugh at me when I say this--that it all comes down to respecting the body parts of a woman, almost as if they were delicate and fragile enough to break, but strong and powerful enough to last through a Friday night bed spring-breaking session. When I lost my virginity, I was like...sexually reborn. I knew what it was, I knew how it felt and I knew that it was something that could forever change my life--by (god forbid) adding another one. I basically have a crippling fear and a gigantic love and desire for sex. I fear it because of all the repercussions that could come out of it, but I desire because, well...that doesn't need to be explained.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 05:23:54 AM »

Personally, as a 15 year old boy who is undergoing the transformation in which breasts, bottoms and baby-makers are becoming quite attractive

Wait wait wait. Isn't this supposed to happen 3-4 years earlier ?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 05:25:02 AM »

Also, "baby-makers"? Lol.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 09:03:22 AM »

Personally, as a 15 year old boy who is undergoing the transformation in which breasts, bottoms and baby-makers are becoming quite attractive

Yes, but I mean, this is when it's about sex. At 12, I didn't know anything about sex. But of course, I discovered the internet and that all changed.

I was going with the "b" words Tongue
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 01:20:01 AM »

Mystified because androgynous, I think. For a lot of men it's a clash between sameness and alterity.

For me doubly so, since I'm about one more Goddamn bout of gender dysphoria during finals week away from snapping; I have a profound recognition of the entirety of the form, which is heightened and almost eclipses the alterity in the cases of these aspects of the body of which you are speaking, particularly legs. Since outward-directed sexuality for me is pretty much nonexistent as a factor in my life, there's a sort of dreaming semi-narcissism to this, except I'm not immensely happy with my own body for obvious reasons, so the entire construction in my head just ends up turning into an aesthetic sense obsessed with Same and Other bodies.

(By the way, there is a way in which othering can be a positive thing, it's just that it can be very hard to come by. It is a process that actually creates a lot of our perception of time. Read Emanuel Levinas on the subject, bearing in mind that when he starts actually talking about sex directly is when I personally start taking him with a grain of salt.)

A lot of this aesthetic sense is of course things we might not have developed on our own, things nobody might have developed on their own. I should point out that the basic aesthetic principles that underlie this sort of thing are not uncommon in biological women, even putatively heterosexual ones. This particular kind of feminine-inclined technical androgyny is very classical, very hieratic. Describing it as universal is completely off-base, though, and if it has biological origins (which to be honest it probably does somehow or other) I really don't think it's biological any more at this point. Then again, considering my feelings on the subject of sexuality I might not be the world's most unbiased source on that.
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 01:30:34 AM »

FF
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 01:34:24 AM »

My opinion, or the other one's?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 02:38:40 AM »

My opinion, or the other one's?

I think he meant me, since Tweed and I have talked about postmodern philosophy occasionally in the past.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 07:33:55 AM »

Yes, but I mean, this is when it's about sex. At 12, I didn't know anything about sex. But of course, I discovered the internet and that all changed.

Really? I first started taking an interest when I was around 11, iirc, and it was only shortly after that I realized I wasn't just attracted to women, I wanted to be one...

The interwebz definitely helped with it though, given how vague sex ed classes are Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 07:52:07 AM »

It speaks to the boringness of this forum that this is the most interesting thread out there right now.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 10:19:07 AM »

FF

glad to have you in the club.

and Nathan (yes, I refer to Nathan as 'Nathan' and the other as 'Inks), thanks for the reply, I am in a bit of a rush now so lemme more carefully read and reply later.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 01:06:50 PM »

I'm a heterosexual, and have always been guilty of mystifying women, and increasingly so as time goes on.  but I notice, I do not mystify their uniquely feminine aspects: breasts and vaginas, I know crudely what I want to do with them, but that's it.  I feel as if I understand them.  what I am talking about here are those 'parts' that we share: hands, feet, thighs, ass, and so on.  so often I am fascinated for moments on end just by watching an attractive woman gesticulate with and use her hands!  

the only problem is you considering this a possible problem.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies