Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 09:58:05 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Should Dave make a 2016 presidential election board right now?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Poll
Question: Should Dave make a 2016 presidential election board right now?
yes   -25 (58.1%)
no   -18 (41.9%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Should Dave make a 2016 presidential election board right now?  (Read 4587 times)
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2012, 02:05:14 am »
Ignore

Thanks Dave. Only one thing would make it better: appointing Torie as its mod.

I'm cool with being made a 2016 board mod, but it would have been nice if Dave would have asked us.  AndrewCT and/or Bacon King may or may not want to renew their gig from the 2012 board for 2016.  In any case, you asked Dave several months ago about having Torie replace (the now absent) Lunar as mod of Individual Politics, so it would be great if he could do that, or else make Torie mod of the 2016 board in place of one of the rest of us, and move the displaced person down to Individual Politics.

Or better yet, merge Individual Politics and Political Debate into one board, since it doesn't seem like there's a clear reason to have both.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2012, 02:48:42 pm »
Ignore

Ugh.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2012, 02:52:03 pm »
Ignore

Ugh.

Agreed, but I think lulz is more appropriate....spending his time wading in the cesspool that the board is guaranteed to turn into is lulz-worthy.

And let's be honest, Obama could take a selfie of his junk in the bathroom mirror with his BlackBerry, have it transferred to canvas and you'd have people saying it ought to be hung in the National Gallery.

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2012, 03:50:00 pm »
Ignore

Ugh.

Agreed, but I think lulz is more appropriate....spending his time wading in the cesspool that the board is guaranteed to turn into is lulz-worthy.

Well, my personal reaction was 'ugh'.  I didn't think about the board involved at all.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2012, 09:13:15 pm »
Ignore

Very good, Dave, thanks!  Now, this guarantees that on the Atlas Forum and in reality we are 25 days from the kickoff of the 2016 Presidential Campaign! (Wednesday, November 7, 2012)

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2012, 04:10:25 am »
Ignore

Very good, Dave, thanks!  Now, this guarantees that on the Atlas Forum and in reality we are 25 days from the kickoff of the 2016 Presidential Campaign! (Wednesday, November 7, 2012)

Oh God no...
Senator bore
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2012, 04:22:38 am »
Ignore

This is what's wrong with american politics.
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2012, 01:55:30 pm »
Ignore

<peeperkorn> this forum is full of allergic virgins with nosebleeding
Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2012, 01:56:29 pm »
Ignore

Oh God no...

I really hate Mikado for letting this guy off of mod review.

And let's be honest, Obama could take a selfie of his junk in the bathroom mirror with his BlackBerry, have it transferred to canvas and you'd have people saying it ought to be hung in the National Gallery.

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2012, 07:05:41 pm »
Ignore

Only 31 more months until the first 2016 primary debate!

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2012, 07:12:40 pm »
Ignore

Approve of name change.

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Nym90
nym90
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2012, 07:42:51 pm »
Ignore

I'm cool with being made a 2016 board mod, but it would have been nice if Dave would have asked us.  AndrewCT and/or Bacon King may or may not want to renew their gig from the 2012 board for 2016.  In any case, you asked Dave several months ago about having Torie replace (the now absent) Lunar as mod of Individual Politics, so it would be great if he could do that, or else make Torie mod of the 2016 board in place of one of the rest of us, and move the displaced person down to Individual Politics.

Or better yet, merge Individual Politics and Political Debate into one board, since it doesn't seem like there's a clear reason to have both.

True, having him on any board would be fine with me.
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2012, 08:42:34 pm »
Ignore

True, having him on any board would be fine with me.

Unfortunately, I doubt Dave is still reading this thread.  You should make a thread titled "ATTN Dave: Error on the 1824 election map", and then say "Sorry, that was just a trick to get you to read this thread.  Can we talk about making Torie a mod?"

Senator bore
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2012, 02:37:42 pm »
Ignore

Only 31 more months until the first 2016 primary debate!

You know, when you put it like that I cheer up. In just ten months I'll start playing my favourite debate soundbites around the house, and just 15 months after that my local corner shop will start to devote half an aisle to election paraphernalia. Thanks Mr Morden!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout