Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2014, 07:24:24 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  International General Discussion (Moderators: Peter, afleitch)
| | |-+  Alleged sentence I allegedly stumbled upon on wikipedia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Alleged sentence I allegedly stumbled upon on wikipedia  (Read 526 times)
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2012, 03:21:59 pm »
Ignore

In 1981, an alleged Iranian front organisation, the Islamic Front for the Liberation of Bahrain allegedly attempted a coup d'état allegedly through an alleged plan allegedly involving the assassination of Bahrain's leadership and an alleged Islamist uprising.

In the author's defence, English was probably not his mother tongue and the actual facts about the event described are indeed murky to the max. But... ooh yeah.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 03:38:55 pm »
Ignore

Is this an April's fool.

In any case... ROFL ! Grin

HashCAN     americans saw the EP elections and people cringing at Europeans being morons and electing Nazis; so they massively said "NO" and decided to prove that they're still bigger morons

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 04:25:02 am »
Ignore

Is this an April's fool.

In any case... ROFL ! Grin

You allegedly ROFLed.
Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 02:50:35 pm »
Ignore

That's very...alleging, dearest.

Illegally selling arms to North Korea, providing most of the money to anti-Morales rebels in Bolivia, and using the remainder as hush money for his three ex-mistrisses. 
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 05:40:50 pm »
Ignore

My favorite sentence on Wikipedia is and has been for years (don't you dare change this!):

"On 30 August 1961, University of London professor of history 柯文南 discovered this sword. He was very excited, certain that the sword had belonged to the great revolutionary Li Xiucheng."

I like to imagine that on the door of this professor's office at the University of London, it just says "柯文南"

Einzige is a poltroon who cowardly turns down duel challenges he should be honor-bound to accept. The Code Duello authorizes you to mock and belittle such a pathetic honorless scoundrel.
Vosem
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 05:51:25 pm »
Ignore

The paragraph in question has been edited and now looks like this:

"In 1981, an alleged Iranian front organisation, allegedly called the Allegedly Islamic Front for the alleged Liberation of Bahrain allegedly attempted a coup d'état allegedly through an alleged plan allegedly involving the assassination of Bahrain's alleged leadership and an alleged Islamist uprising. The alleged aim was to install an allegedly clerical leadership with a cleric allegedly serving as supreme leader,."

Illegally selling arms to North Korea, providing most of the money to anti-Morales rebels in Bolivia, and using the remainder as hush money for his three ex-mistrisses. 
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 08:41:57 pm »
Ignore

The paragraph in question has been edited and now looks like this:

"In 1981, an alleged Iranian front organisation, allegedly called the Allegedly Islamic Front for the alleged Liberation of Bahrain allegedly attempted a coup d'état allegedly through an alleged plan allegedly involving the assassination of Bahrain's alleged leadership and an alleged Islamist uprising. The alleged aim was to install an allegedly clerical leadership with a cleric allegedly serving as supreme leader,."

I'll allege that someone from the Forum allegedly edited it.

People find meaning and redemption in the most unusual human connections. — Khaled Hosseini
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 04:32:44 am »
Ignore

That's very...alleging, dearest.
Allegedly, my alleged dearest.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout