April 3 states (WI, MD, DC) results thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:22:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  April 3 states (WI, MD, DC) results thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: April 3 states (WI, MD, DC) results thread  (Read 11780 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: April 03, 2012, 08:56:23 PM »

Rick seems to be winning WI-8 pretty handily and that was not one of the two CDs he was supposed to win.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 09:01:07 PM »

Anyone else find it odd that Santorum referred to Hessians in his speech... Really... Hessians?

Lot of Germans in PA.

You think that's why Rick mentioned them? Really, J.J.? This is getting painful now...

Of course.  His whole speech was:  Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania.  He's trying to make a stand.

So he mentioned a group of people with a Germanic background that were our enemies? J.J., just leave. Please. Just leave.

If it means anything Santorum swept the heavily German parts of Ohio even winning urban Lucas County (Toledo).
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 09:44:19 PM »

Rick seems to be winning WI-8 pretty handily and that was not one of the two CDs he was supposed to win.

So it would seem. Using the Huckabee vote as a proxy just didn't work for WI-08.

Meanwhile the Dems were busy in Madison - but probably not busy enough to tip WI-02 to Rick. Dem troublemakers seem not to be much in evidence elsewhere in the CD.

Oddly enough, as you guys were arguing over whether or not the rural areas would be enough to swing WI-2 to Santorum, it seems the rural areas will be swinging it to Romney Tongue
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 09:46:55 PM »

It looks like Romney wins WI-1, WI-4, WI-5, and WI-6 comfortably, Santorum wins WI-3, WI-7, and WI-8 comfortably, and WI-2 is probably won by Romney but close enough that there is some chance still it isn't.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 10:15:04 PM »

So, with Wisconsin decided, it is now clear beyond any reasonable doubt that Gordon Gecko is the undisputed nominee of the Republican Party.

Be proud, Republicans.    

You pick the best out of what is available. Actually I would prefer someone even more boring than Mittens - Portman. I get my excitement out of life from places elsewhere than from out of a politician's mouth. I like calm, quiet and cerebral politicians myself - all 10 of them or so out there on the fruited plain.

If you had gotten your wish for Portman this nomination would have been wrapped up long before now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies