PA-Muhlenberg: Obama with a moderate lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:30:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PA-Muhlenberg: Obama with a moderate lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-Muhlenberg: Obama with a moderate lead  (Read 6373 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: April 11, 2012, 07:35:54 AM »

Isn't being at 45 a bad sign for Obama?  It isn't like he doesn't have name recognition.  Undecideds tend to break 75to25 or more against an incumbent in the last several months.   

Yes, I think it is.  Nevertheless, the fools-gold aspect others mention above is a huge factor.. its his best prospect after IN-FL-NC-NH-OH to take something away from Obama08 (yes I think better than CO-NV-IA), and followed by MI, but still, its a risk to attend to PA or MI too much with time and money because those first five states listed are still better prospects. 

Another way to put this is the PA/MI prospect is tantalizing, but difficult to act upon strongly given other pressures.  We may look back in 2013 or so and say 'well had he only focused on PA and MI instead of OH and VA, he could've been president', but from 2012 perspective that would be a hazard whatever the polling.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 09:40:41 AM »

Probably need to be more capitalistic going forward, agreed.

I said prosperity needs to be more Smiley broad-based not less Sad. The 'Crash of 2008' has, totally and utterly, discredited the neoliberal mantra espoused by Friedrich von Hayek

How? The experience of this problem, which was started by government FORCING banks to lend to people they HAD always judged (correctly) to not be creditworthy bolsters my argument (or one Hayek would make), not undermines it.  A big government+crony-ist time bomb goes off and you side with them? why? 

You're complaining about a stopped-up toilet on the Titanic, Mister.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »

The 'Crash of 2008' has for me, at least, laid bare the dangers of wealth becoming increasingly concentrated at the very top

To be fair I should think that for most sentient people the instability and problematic nature of liberal/neo-liberal oppression has been apparent since about 1890 or at least 1929.  The fact that we took another deep drink of the poison since 1980 is testimony to how little

Means privileges.  In fact of course a realistic person understands all 'rights' as privileges.  In our current society the rich have all the rights, the rest none.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies