NJ election to GOV
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:06:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ election to GOV
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NJ election to GOV  (Read 5917 times)
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 06:43:50 AM »

Highest approval ever:

"New Jersey voters still approve 59 - 36 percent of the job Christie is doing, his best score ever. Approval is 92 - 6 percent among Republicans and 64 - 32 percent among independent voters. Democrats disapprove 64 - 30 percent."

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-and-centers/polling-institute/new-jersey/release-detail?ReleaseID=1735
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2012, 09:42:21 AM »

It was hard to see Booker running against Christie to begin with. Christie's ratings will really have to crash in just a few months for Booker to even consider a run. 59% in NJ is phenomenal. We aren't exactly living in the most Pro Incumbent time so when you consider these ratings and factor in that he's the Governor of a state where the voters hate everyone and consider Christie's conservative/Republican rhetoric, it's truly remarkable that he's polling so high.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2012, 10:46:10 AM »

Property taxes are the ceiling on the democrats across the rust belt.  Writing out that $8,000+ check in exchange for NOTHING every year kind of sticks in your head.     
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 02:12:48 AM »

I see your Chris Christie's 59% approval rating, and I raise you Cory Booker literally running into a burning home and saving someone.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012, 02:21:28 AM »

I see your Chris Christie's 59% approval rating, and I raise you Cory Booker literally running into a burning home and saving someone.

Christie has got to be sh**tting his pants about a potential Booker challenge.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012, 02:34:47 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2012, 05:46:48 AM by smoltchanov »

Well, Christie is relatively popular now, but it's more then 1.5 years until governor election in New Jersey. People there are, generally, very cynical about their politicians, so anything may happen..

As far as New Jersey being Democratic state - generally yes, of course.. But it came to my mind that before last election of 2010 Republicans held governorship in Hawaii, California, Connecticut and Vermont, while Democrats - in Wyoming, Oklahoma and Kansas. Every state may elect anyone under "right cirumstances"...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 07:21:40 AM »

And now try to imagine Christie running up the stairs to save that woman from the flames ...

I have that image of a Chris Christie being stuck in the middle of that stairway in my head, while cussing around in his usual offensive manner. In the meantime, Cory Booker is climbing up to the roof of the house, swings himself into a window, glass is breaking, Booker is battered and bruised and bloody, while he aims for the screaming woman who's about to burn in the flames. Then he finds the screaming woman, puts her over his shoulder and starts to run down the stairway where Chris Christie is still stuck and cussing around. He drops the woman, goes back up a few steps, runs down again and tackles Christie so hard that he unstucks and tumbles down the stairway. Booker takes the woman again and sprints out of the house and into security, after which he returns into the house and drags a unconscious Chris Christie outside the building too. A year later, Chris Christie defeats Corie Booker by 51-47 in the New Jersey Gubernatorial Election, because Booker has a sex scandal.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 08:45:27 AM »

Christie now enjoys a 56% approval rating in the latest Farleigh Dickinson Poll - http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/05/08/christie_approval_soars_to_new_high.html
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 09:04:13 AM »

Cheesy
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »

Actually, he doesn't have to at all.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2012, 12:31:55 PM »

Why? Because he'd lose anyways?
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 12:47:39 PM »

That poll looks food for Christie, but the quote from ABC news is priceless:

"Jersey has been afflicted by Snookie, mob wives, Jim McGreevey, and six figure public pensions and sick day payouts, so I think many voters see Chris Christie as a ray of hope for sanity,” poll director Peter Wooley told ABC News, while analyzing the good numbers for Christie.

If Chris Christie is New Jersey's best hope for sanity then that state is as far off the deep end as people think it is.

I don't think he'll win in a landslide, probably a narrow victory, just like Christie Whitman in 1997. The incumbency factor should be just enough for him to edge out all of the loyal Democratic votes
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 01:31:43 PM »

Nope, try again. New Jerseyans love Chris Christie.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2012, 02:16:01 AM »

Nope, try again. New Jerseyans love Chris Christie.

A certain segment do, certainly, which at this point would seem to exceed one-half, but there are as I am sure you are aware also many who very much do not 'love' the man.

The actual reason is that Booker from all I've heard really doesn't want to run against Christie.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies