What should clergy wear? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:01:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  What should clergy wear? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What should clergy wear?
Ceremonial vestments

Formal dresses/suits and ties

Jeans and normal shirts

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: What should clergy wear?  (Read 7364 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: October 11, 2012, 07:27:16 PM »

Some form of vestments, definitely. They don't have to be fancy, even use a simple black Geneva gown if you want. But preachers in suit and tie (or worse, T-shirts) just look dumb.

But the weird new-age feminist hippie vestments beloved of some can be extraordinarily ugly and distracting, I must say.

Amen to that.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 05:26:56 AM »

Ideally, there would be no clergy, but options 1 and 2 are absurdly archaic for everybody.

Suits look damn good and don't you forget it.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 01:04:14 PM »

Ideally, there would be no clergy, but options 1 and 2 are absurdly archaic for everybody.

Suits look damn good and don't you forget it.

No they don't. Ties only look good if one wears them "ironically". My supervisor at work often wears a tie along with ripped jeans and with a hoodie over it.

Speaking of which one of the pastors at my church did wear a tie when he was preaching one week, but of course it was to be "ironic". The next time he preached he was actually wearing a hoodie.

Heh. It's funny. I've read your posts on politics and religion and even though I disagree with you, I don't get mad. But now you have a different fashion opinion and I'm pissed. Funny that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies