Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 10:59:18 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Economics (Moderator: ag)
| | |-+  Solution to Euro Crisis worth 250,000 Pound Sterling
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Solution to Euro Crisis worth 250,000 Pound Sterling  (Read 505 times)
Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:24:59 am »
Ignore

At around 9:00am London time this morning Lord Wolfson held a press conference to announce the five finalists in his economics prize contest. I have done a podcast discussing the prize objectives and their implications with the Spain based British blogger Matthew Bennett. You can download it here.

The first thing that needs to be said about the initiative Wolfson has taken, in offering a 250,000 pounds stirling prize using his own money to anyone able to offer practical solutions to the current Euro crisis, is bravo. Someone willing to put their money where their mouth is, to try to find policies which should be applied in the common good has to be lauded.

Naturally Lord Wolfson is not looking for just any solutions, as the initial question makes clear, he is looking for a solution in which at least one member country leaves the Euro and a procedure (or template) whereby other countries who find themselves in a similar situation might leave. The question he asked is the following one.

“If member states leave the Economic and Monetary Union, what is the best way for the economic process to be managed to provide the soundest foundation for the future growth and prosperity of the current membership?”

http://fistfulofeuros.net/afoe/what-wolfson-did-next/

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 01:34:27 pm »
Ignore

Well thank goodness the prize is in Sterling, because the only possible solution is printing Euros.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 03:42:34 pm »
Ignore

Well thank goodness the prize is in Sterling, because the only possible solution is printing Euros.

That would be a fun solution - give me 250 000 pounds, print a lot of euros --> I get filthy rich. Tongue

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 04:56:02 pm »
Ignore

That would be a fun solution - give me 250 000 pounds, print a lot of euros --> I get filthy rich. Tongue

drop in the bucket.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 04:33:51 pm »
Ignore

I made this one today.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 03:35:43 pm by Beet »Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »