Veepstakes: Who You Think Are the Two Most Likely Running Mates... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:08:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Veepstakes: Who You Think Are the Two Most Likely Running Mates... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Veepstakes: Who You Think Are the Two Most Likely Running Mates...  (Read 3534 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: April 05, 2012, 09:56:07 PM »

If Jeb Bush was Jeb Miller, he'd be the runaway choice for me. But it isn't...

Governor McDonnell and Senator Rubio. Needs to be someone who can bring their state in the Romney column.

On my "2012" map, I think Ohio/Pennsylvania, Florida, Indiana, North Carolina, and New Hampshire are states Romney can definitely position himself to win. Ohio is the only one where Obama is holding a pretty moderate lead, but heavy focus there and we can see it get close again. Giving Romney Ohio and Pennsylvania to Obama (under this assumption, Romney's going to have to focus heavily on one or the other), Obama is at 281 votes, Romney at 257. Therefore, Romney needs 13 votes, and ironically enough, Virginia has 13 votes.

If Portman maybe was around more and more popular in Ohio, Romney could pick him, focus heavily on Pennsylvania, and get to the magic number. Polling indicates that Portman wouldn't help much, so if Romney doesn't grab Virginia as that 6th state, it'd have to be Michigan, and Republicans have absolutely no one who could be Romney's VP there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies