The Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:53:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Good Post Gallery  (Read 179161 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« on: July 27, 2013, 10:20:17 PM »

Matt, after spending some time in his own state of Vermont, has moved to New York City--escaping the Communist purges under Chairman Sanders--to live a life of tolerance and capitalism. Once in there, he falls in with the wrong crowds. Given his Italian and Irish heritage, he gets involved with white ethnics and subsequently the mob. Converting to Roman Catholicism presided over by Bishop Timothy Dolan, Matt Scarlini--his new name in order to fit in--takes on a life of crime, operating a small but burgeoning Republican-Italian machine in the city. Soon, he wil use this clout to elect him mayor, and an age of Republican Tammany will commence.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 05:35:22 PM »

This thread is going exactly how I expected. Take that how you will.

Snowstalker has weighed in, all debate cease.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 11:13:24 AM »

The folks that the "pro-life movement" attracts are pretty effective at pushing me away from a message I would otherwise be receptive to. What do morning-after pills and freely available contraceptives have to do with wanting to protect babies? Why do so many people who call themselves "pro-life" make utterly misogynistic and generally offensive comments about how a woman's body works, and obsess over abstinence programs being forced on schools? Why do these same people generally come from a side of the American political spectrum wherein there is widespread opposition to expanding healthcare and social services for young families and babies?

This is why I just generally can't take that entire movement seriously, and it actively pisses me off because this is yet another example of the American right-wing just being stupid and pissing away a chance to have a decent point of opposition. I genuinely don't get why so many people who call themselves pro-life take such bizarre and puritanical positions that only half-way have anything to do with abortion.

If the pro-life movement simply maintained their broad opposition to most abortions but was actually in favor of contraceptive use, didn't act like they were generally ickified by sex, and supported creating and expanding greater programs for family planning, adoption agencies, food and healthcare programs for infant care, and really made themselves all about "protecting vulnerable life" it would be incredibly hard to argue with from the perspective of other politicians. Support for pro-life individuals and causes would shoot up dramatically. I'd be tempted to count myself among them.

But I guess to the right-wing, such things really don't matter, do they? If you're getting the votes, that's all you need.
Right. On. Bro.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 12:57:10 PM »

You know, some days its hard to be a republican.

Obama passed Obama care, he did a bunch of stuff, he got reelected, okay, then what? I mean, the guy was reelected. Get over it. DOn;t shut down this government because of something The People voted to KEEP in office. Christ almighty. ing tea party is ruining the party I once held so near and dear to my heart and forcing me to switch sides and become a Democrat.

What will this solve? We aren;t getting RID of Obama care. If we wanted to do that, we would have elected Romney, but we didn't, so here it is. Hang it around our necks and OWN it like a hooker owns her reputation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies