The Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:44:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Good Post Gallery  (Read 179669 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 22, 2012, 04:23:18 PM »

I love how seriously non-smokers take the issue of smoking. It just makes it that much more obvious that they've never smoked. It's like a virgin devoting his life to the cause of abstinence and expecting to be taken seriously.

Yeah, I mean, I don't really care if someone never wants to smoke (or drink, or whatever), but I don't understand why you wouldn't even want to try it. You've only got one life, and there'll be plenty of time to be a prude when you're older, guys. Wink

just the opposite, I plan to do my most serious drug using when I am nearing death.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 07:58:05 PM »

An old post from a poster who has moved on to bigger and better things in life

is this known, or just a kind cliche?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 08:00:33 PM »

An old post from a poster who has moved on to bigger and better things in life

is this known, or just a kind cliche?

Well clearly Colin Wixted has found better things to do with his life than post on this forum.  

which assumes anyone who leaves voluntarily does so because they are doing better things; which begs the question, what is the fundamental defect of those who continue to post?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 06:06:03 AM »

Beet is really shining strong in that thread. Of course, it goes right over Politico's head.

and it begs the question, why does Beet feel the necessity to jostle with an obviously inferior interlocutor. 
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 01:29:59 PM »

I didn't look it up, but are these in reality the Republican respondents' sample from their Florida poll? Because they seem awfully similar to what the makeup of the Republican Party is - 85% white, less than 1 in 10 under the age of 30, 53% male, etc.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 03:40:39 PM »

though nothing's sexier than a very attractive heterosexual female man-hater.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 03:47:43 PM »

chill out bro.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 01:30:47 PM »

Glad I'm not the only one that loves super corrupt and "unlikeable" Democrats. They're some of my favorite politicians!

I love them.  Though that wasn't the only reason that was a good post - to me it was the most muscular kind of feminism - when a woman can embrace being a powerful villain

I just learned that my 'step-grandfather' was on trial for criminal conspiracy re: the Garment Workers union in the early 80s.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 02:20:36 PM »

Margaret Thatcher was not a monster. Monsters are made and created by people to create a crude caricature of their own fears, angers and vices and that was true of Margaret Thatcher. You can disagree with her and you can disagree with the direction in which she took this country but for many she was a person on to which they could direct their own anger. People had a very tough time in the 1980’s because of what her government did, people suffered, people lost and had to pick themselves up my own family included, but many people had a tough existence because they didn’t strive to better themselves when opportunities arose. I came from a family and a town of miners and steelworkers. But come the end of the 20th Century the mining stopped and the steel working stopped and for some their whole world ended. I fully understand it. It must have felt the same for my family and my town at end of the 19th Century when the cotton mills stopped because that was all they knew or for my family at the end of the 18th Century when they were thrown out of their farmland. But you pick yourselves up and you move on and adjust to the new economy because it will always change; that is the capitalist system. And workers have always responded to those demands; they’ve been smart enough to do that. My family did that and had that same spirit, yet some of my neighbours did not. You cannot blame that one woman thirty years later if you still have not adjusted and re-skilled to meet the demands of the economy and missed the opportunities because you pine for a past that really wasn’t as idealistic and as community spirited as you feel it was. That is my address to those who are of a certain age but it’s not really appropriate on this board.

For those on this board who are not of that age, then you don’t really have the right to ‘claim’ her, either as a great woman or as a monster. It wasn’t your life or your existence.

what meaningless, middling tripe.  why comment on anything at all.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 02:36:14 PM »

I'm glad I bug you enough for you to trail me around here and make one-offs.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 02:40:59 PM »

I've counted four or five more or less non sequiturs in the past four days.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 09:52:14 PM »

Good things I'm officially not a teenager anymore since last month. Wink

of course Al and Kemp posted tens of thousands of times as teenagers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies