The Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:25:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Good Post Gallery  (Read 179800 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: April 26, 2012, 07:52:36 PM »

This site is not pedophile-friendly.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 12:37:59 AM »
« Edited: April 27, 2012, 12:39:43 AM by The Mikado »

Well, that's not what the post in question was about at all, Mikado.

But it is an interesting question - what opinions are allowed?  If, in that particular thread, someone proposed a country where 'there was no law against murder', for example, would you allow that?  (I ask because in theory this is a tenet of the more anarchist of the libertarians, and you do provide an avatar for that set of opinions).  

Rules-lawyering and salami tactics won't get you out of this.  The post was completely unacceptable.  There is a certain degree of inherent subjectivity to the job, but it's blatantly clear that you meant what you posted in that thread more than you'd mean, say, proposing your country of 100,000 becoming the site of a reenactment of The Most Dangerous Game.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 03:42:47 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2012, 03:46:20 PM by The Mikado »

Well, that's not what the post in question was about at all, Mikado.

But it is an interesting question - what opinions are allowed?  If, in that particular thread, someone proposed a country where 'there was no law against murder', for example, would you allow that?  (I ask because in theory this is a tenet of the more anarchist of the libertarians, and you do provide an avatar for that set of opinions).  

Rules-lawyering and salami tactics won't get you out of this.  The post was completely unacceptable.  There is a certain degree of inherent subjectivity to the job, but it's blatantly clear that you meant what you posted in that thread more than you'd mean, say, proposing your country of 100,000 becoming the site of a reenactment of The Most Dangerous Game.

But I don't expect to 'get out of it' at all, Mikado!  The point of my exchange with you above was only to try to demonstrate to you of the absolute chilling effect you have put in place.  

As well there should be.  Pedophilia as acceptable is not a legitimate position to take, any more than "In my perfect world, we would kill all black people" would be.

EDIT:  This site is not and never was intended to be a "free speech zone" or whatever.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 01:33:31 AM »

Maher's terrible, terrible pseudoscientific boosterism of any sort of "natural" food or health product and denigration and suspicion of medicine is part of a systematic denial of Western medicine that is responsible for large numbers of young people going unvaccinated and people going to homeopathic witch doctors rather than receiving medical treatment.  Anyone who talks about vaccines being linked to autism is every bit as much an opponent to rational thinking as the person who thinks the world was created in six days, and is doing the world considerably more harm than the creationist is in the process.  Maher is scum.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 06:52:24 PM »

That's not a good post, Al's subsequent post that liberalism died as a coherent ideology with the start of the First World War was a much truer post, and something that made the last third of my thing much more difficult to write...the term lost much of its old meaning.  Trying to be a classical liberal today is about as hard as trying to be a divine-right monarchy royalist: at a certain point the absurdity of your position would wear you down.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies