The Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:56:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Good Post Gallery  (Read 179162 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« on: May 22, 2012, 05:52:34 PM »

It is astounding to me how liberals can bash this person because he or she chooses not to identify with the radical Occupy protests... this is a person putting himself thru school doing the best he can for himself. He is making every right decision but because he ignores the talking points of a leftist group- you all disregard him

Truly astounding

No-one is disregarding him, we just know he's talking nonsense.

Also, if the belief that social inequality is unjust is now "radical" then I despair for our society...

There is nothing nonsensical about hard work. What we have here is ridicule of those that defy the zeitgeist- not so much about what he does but what he says, the refusal to join in the whinging. Society today is all talk and no action, and we see him lambasted for his words and his action.

You're mixing things up here. We all respect those who work hard. What we don't respect is those who proceed to attention whore and pour hatred on those who are less fortunate, as this whole movement seems to be aiming at. If you have a job, great, you're lucky. Just remember, you're a resource that they can do away with at any point they like.
Yes you are- you are a human resource. That's the way it works...they pay you and they can choose to stop paying you. I've let go many an employee for  malfeasance, negligence, intoxication on the job, criminal records, etc...
maybe people don't want everything to be commodified. maybe certain things like the family have intrinsic value and should be protected by the state or nation/tribe/community. you obviously did not read my previous posts though which already explained my problem obviously had nothing to do with this person's alleged work ethic and everything to do with his apologism for a system that is literally robbing us and destroying anything of lasting value within our culture.

oh and btw i have made it clear before i don't like occupy, if it was actually directed against the criminal banks i would support it but it clearly is not. just like the tea party was/is clearly not about 'fiscal responsibility.'
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »

Ok, Phil, here's what I don't get. The politicians you choose as your favorites, like Berlusconi and Santorum, are known for being bullies who roll over their opponents. Take a lesson from people like krazen and Sam Spade–you need to own that this is your preference. If you talk about how great someone like Santorum or Berlusconi is, when they pull stunts like this, then you need to be triumphalist and not complain that people aren't being fair to the poor guy. Santorum pounds his adversaries into the dust, like in this case - he doesn't play the victim himself. People aren't going to have sympathy that his critics are "mean" to him after he torpedoed a treaty defending the rights of the disabled. He did this, you should take pride or call out people who disagree with him for being weak. Not many people have a second act like Santorum did - Rod Grams and Conrad Burns lost in the same election and they're footnotes to history. Santorum's out killing treaties in the Senate and running for President as not-Romney.

I already know your response to this, but I don't care--if you think jerks make the best elected officials, then recognize that jerks can't be victims. Harry Reid is a jerk who takes no prisoners, and there's not a soul who would be taken seriously for saying "stop being mean to Harry!"

about time someone called him out on it.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 12:13:17 PM »

I don't support Berlusconi "as much as" I used to. Ok, you're slowly getting there. Maybe by the next post, you'll fully come around and just admit fault.

The rest of your post is the usual silliness. "Santorum picking on the disabled that support this." I must have missed where he kicked Dole's wheelchair or something. Whatever. You're tiring. Go dig up another Santorum hit piece article and try to pass it off as news.

i'm still waiting for you to defend his obnoxiousness over lgbt rights.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 12:20:03 PM »

I don't support Berlusconi "as much as" I used to. Ok, you're slowly getting there. Maybe by the next post, you'll fully come around and just admit fault.

The rest of your post is the usual silliness. "Santorum picking on the disabled that support this." I must have missed where he kicked Dole's wheelchair or something. Whatever. You're tiring. Go dig up another Santorum hit piece article and try to pass it off as news.

That's nice.

or is santorum some sort of messianic figure to you who is incapable of being wrong?
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 12:45:12 PM »

That's nice.

or is santorum some sort of messianic figure to you who is incapable of being wrong?

I think Phil knows Santorum is no messiah.  As for some of the supporters here of the Obamessiah...

well, yeah, they're pretty awful too
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 01:07:48 PM »

That's nice.

Listen, I've been through this probably literally one hundred times with people here. I don't answer to you especially when you have your mind made up. Stop trolling me. I know you're friends with one of the other haters but you don't have to emulate his routine with me.

But for your information, I've admitted plenty of times when Santorum is wrong.

why do you take this conspiracist attitude with me? i have no idea who you're referring to.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies