The Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:31:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Good Post Gallery  (Read 179241 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 07, 2013, 01:44:28 PM »

This might very well be altogether the best/worst display of slack-jawed idiocy on this general subject:
Wow, I thought the countries of Western Europe were friends and allies of the United States. Suddenly helping us catch a fugitive guilty of espionage is some act of supreme cowardice and spinelessness?? Ridiculous. I would hope and expect the United States to do the same if a German or Austrian or Italian or whatever criminal on the run was possibly flying through American airspace. 

It's funny how Lief has become Obamahack#1

The funny part is that you think this is somehow an astute observation or that Lief would even deny his love for our greatest black President.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 01:10:03 AM »

>Please stop posting like this
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 12:13:01 PM »

Pinochet's chile is pretty tasty, just the right amount of spices.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 12:36:23 AM »

Tedious teenage wannabe Howard Zinn posts do not belong here.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 08:58:17 PM »

Torie is slowing starting to realize something...

This thought occurred to me yesterday.  The Pub idea of deferring the individual mandate for a year, seems like a fiscally insane idea.  Why? Because Obamacare otherwise will still be in place, and folks voluntarily will still be able to sign up for subsidized insurance, and presumably will in particular if they have pre-existing conditions. So won't those who voluntarily sign up be disproportionately the sicks, and therefore the insured pool of new entrants will be disproportionately sick;  therefore the cash flow out as compared to the premiums in, will just be a sea of horrifically red ink. That tends to be a problem irrespective, given how weak the mandate is, but without any mandate at all, the problem will be worse, no? Yet the media has never discussed this issue to my knowledge nor the Dems, suggesting that I am missing something here. But I can't think what it is.

Why aren't the Dems bashing the Pubs over the head with this argument? To me, it is a dispositive and winning argument from which there is no escape. Can someone help the old man with some of this?  Thanks.

I wish I were a Pub in Congress. They need me. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies