The Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:33:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Good Post Gallery  (Read 179152 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: June 16, 2013, 09:20:00 PM »

Moreover, wishing a genocidal totalitarian dictatorship on one's own countrymen as opposed to a semi-authoritarian regime overseas is insane.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 05:47:50 PM »

It's hilarious that people in this thread are basically saying "rape happens, unfortunately, so being a feminist won't change that" when the idea of feminism is to change society so rape doesn't happen

We don't deny that rape happens, we deny that it is the woman's fault and we accept that men should control their urges instead of raping women

So keep digging me for being a feminist, i'm gonna take my "slacktivism" everywhere I go, because I constantly tell people not to slut-shame, victim blame or make rape jokes if i'm in the room unless they want a stern lecturing (ooooh badass, right?)

If you people don't believe society can't change, you're sorely mistaken.

The legion of strawmen you just destroyed with this post brings to mind ancient myths of Egyptian Pharaohs singlehandedly wiping out their enemies on the field of battle as their armies cower in fear behind them.

The problem with this "debate" isn't posters like, say, Nathan who actually know what the f they're talking about and have some knowledge of academic feminism. It's the bravery bandwagon of teenagers like you and Snowstalker who have apparently decided to latch on to shallow Tumblr "feminism" as their latest affectation in the long string of ideologies they'll passionately subscribe to for a couple of months.  I get, you're liberal or whatever now. You don't need to keep attempting to prove such by spending your days existing in a state of perpetual outrage.

I am covered in buzzword vomit, and it's not pleasant.

Shockingly, I also believe that rape is a bad thing. You don't get any justice brownie points for that groundbreaking and courageous opinion. It is actually possible to admit there are situations where rape is more likely to occur and that it's wise for women to try and avoid said while - wait for it! - still thinking rape is an abhorrent crime! I hope that's not too complex to process. It's awful that rape is a thing that happens, but it doesn't constitute "victim blaming" to suggest that people minimise the risk, and it's obscene and offensive to suggest that those of us who think that's (unfortunately) a sensible position are somehow blaming the victim or are in any way okay with rape.

I don't think it's absurd to suggest that people can change society. I do think it's absurd to act like calling out some random people on an internet forum with a litany of empty buzzwords and moral posturing is an example of anything approaching productive discourse.

That's beautiful.

Brought a tear to my eye brah!
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 05:50:52 PM »

Well, as bullying is often caused by the victim not fitting the things the society expects it to be, I'm not sure than social conservatism and anti-bullying is compatible.

^This comment is a perfect example of bullying people in the minority, in this case, conservatives on this site. What a close-minded thing to say. I expected better of you.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 07:31:22 AM »

The key to successful phone sex is to just let it happen with scenarios and then act like it's happening. Movies do a very bad job at showing this as both parties normally give the scenario instead of letting it happen. You can't force phone sex. I've been doing phone sex for years now and believe I carry some credibility in this. When I worked in an office calling people who wanted to go to school online, I had a potential student on the phone. After talking to her for a little bit I asked what she did for a living and she told me she was a phone actress. I never knew the technical term until then. She embarrassingly laughed and told me what she does. Ironically she wanted to go to school for proctology.

First time I've seen a barfbag post in here.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 07:52:20 AM »

Disagreeing with someones politics is one thing, wishing death on their family is something else, approving of that behavior is sickening.

You are a messed up person if you wish death on anyones kids, let alone for political reasons.

I think its obvious at this point that opebo is basically this forum's very own Mme. Defarge.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 08:04:22 AM »

More accurately Premillennial/Rapturist/too much Left Behind delusiions.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 10:33:49 AM »

They should be required to work, or look for work (and I mean really look, and maybe have to go somewhere for 8 hours a day to do it), or be training for work. Given that might mean childcare costs might have to be covered, the process might be more expensive than just handing out the welfare checks (particularly for those with no real skill set), but this is not about, and should not be about, money. (Opebo may think work is soul killing; I think it's soul enhancing.) It's hard having self respect when on the dole, it's demoralizing, and leads to, or exacerbates, dysfunctional personal habits.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies