Romney making a mega buy in PA. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:53:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney making a mega buy in PA. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney making a mega buy in PA.  (Read 4098 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 06, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »

Erie will have some spillover into NY (though not a lot).

Philadelphia = Delaware.  The bulk of the population in DE is in the Phila media market and DE has 17 WTA delegates.  That is a big chunk of the delegates on 4/24.

It will be difficult to target CD's, because the delegates are not pledged.

The Central PA Media Market is the most interesting buy. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 04:51:27 AM »

In 2004 neither Kerry, nor Edwards contested Vermont even though Howard Dean had already dropped out.

I think there are some differences, including that it was a small state, on Super Tuesday and would be likely to go for Dean anyhow. All, for example, contested IA, even though it was Gephardt's home state.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Pawlenty was another; I really don't know if Trump should be considered one.  Perry and Cain endorsed Gingrich, and I can't think any think on any for Santorum.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 09:01:02 AM »

I think there are some differences, including that it was a small state, on Super Tuesday and would be likely to go for Dean anyhow. All, for example, contested IA, even though it was Gephardt's home state.

JJ once again talking nonsense. Gephardt is from Missouri.

Yet he was still very close to the area.  We also have Harkin in 1992.  Candidates do contest other candidates' home states, except in those cases where it looks impossible to win.  It isn't impossible for Mittens to win in PA, and may be probable, in terms of delegates.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Pawlenty was actually one of the more favored candidates last year at this time.  He lost the Ames straw poll and then pulled out.  Ironically, he might have been the most solid ABR candidate.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 08:18:49 PM »

The campaigns and establishment get their top supporters to run and essentially be pledged to a candidate even if it isn't official. Almost everyone is affiliated with a candidate or are running because the establishment needs them and they will support whomever they're told to support at the convention. Few people bother to run while being undecided.

Nice summary. 

A lot of this is name recognition.  For example, Bill Shuster is running in the 6th CD; I have no idea who he is supporting, but I know he's a Congressman. If I don't know who anyone is supporting, but I'd probably vote for him, because I have no idea who most of the others are.  Same with Phil English in his district.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies