The poem by Günter Grass (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:49:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The poem by Günter Grass (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The poem by Günter Grass  (Read 3866 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: April 08, 2012, 05:07:18 PM »

Considering Grass's entire post-war history and literary work, calling him an anti-semite is retarded.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 06:57:30 PM »

Grass is also a very easy target as most other young German men and older teenagers who survived WWII, more or less every German male born between 1915 and 1930 served in the military. You can just see the Pope as a other example, who is blamed for being (quite involuntary) member of the Hitler Jugend and his service in the Wehrmacht.

Pretty much as Kashubians, Silesians, Luxembourgian, many of whom were involuntairly drafted into Wehrmacht by occupants. Well, I suppouse for some they are just HPs because of this, in fact, tragedy :/
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 07:02:11 PM »

Also, I'm wondering if Israeli government and establishment are aware that playing "you're an anti-semite if you criticize Israeli politics" does not help Israel abroad?

Heh, I always supported Israel's right to existence, but I certainly do not support many of their policies. I guess I'm a vile anti-semite who should die painfully, as one teenager with brain of an ant said few posts above Roll Eyes

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 06:08:14 AM »

Israeli interior minister Eli Yishai has banned Günter Grass from entering Israel.

That'll teach him!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies