Realignment? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:48:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Realignment? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is the most likely theory?
Economics taking centre stage

Country moving to the left

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Realignment?  (Read 6995 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: April 12, 2012, 06:22:54 PM »

The electoral math isn't there for them, either. The Democratic candidate's electoral floor now is somewhere around 230 EV, while Republicans' is at 170. As hooper mentioned, you have several states (VA, NC, SC, GA) that either already have or will leave the Republicans' center of power over the next decade. I tend to think FL will remain a swing state for a good 15 years due to split demographics that keep renewing themselves. 
What states are you counting to get as high as 170? I only get 113 as their floor. Alabama, Alaska, KY, KS, LA, MS, NE, OK, TN, TX, UT, WY.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:05:33 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2012, 01:03:10 PM by politicus »

The electoral math isn't there for them, either. The Democratic candidate's electoral floor now is somewhere around 230 EV, while Republicans' is at 170. As hooper mentioned, you have several states (VA, NC, SC, GA) that either already have or will leave the Republicans' center of power over the next decade. I tend to think FL will remain a swing state for a good 15 years due to split demographics that keep renewing themselves.  
What states are you counting to get as high as 170? I only get 113 as their floor. Alabama, Alaska, KY, KS, LA, MS, NE, OK, TN, TX, UT, WY.
You forgot about the Dakota's and MO (MT right?) though.
I don't think you can count the Dakotas and Montana as part of a Republican floor in the years ahead. All three states could go Dem with the right candidate. Brian Schweitzer could take all of them in a succesful campaign
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 03:02:55 PM »

Another 3-4 election cycles (2034+)

The Dakotas will have changed a lot with wind energy etc. Small immigration of well educated will affect a lot. Texas is majority Hispanic at this point. It would likely be D.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 10:24:39 AM »
« Edited: April 14, 2012, 10:30:20 AM by politicus »

Just for fun. No change of current positions. GOP keep the culture war going and current immigration policies which alienates Hispanics add Norquist style tax policies and you could get this. Unlikely because they will adjust their positions.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies