Liberal National Committee Headquarters [Keystone Phil/Tmthforu94 endorsed]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:40:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal National Committee Headquarters [Keystone Phil/Tmthforu94 endorsed]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Author Topic: Liberal National Committee Headquarters [Keystone Phil/Tmthforu94 endorsed]  (Read 45842 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2012, 08:39:19 PM »

AT-LARGE SENATE ENDORSEMENT VOTE RESULTS

CLARENCE - 1 AYE, 1 NAY, 6 ABSTENTIONS
SEATOWN - 3 AYES, 4 NAYS, 1 ABSENTION
SNOWSTALKER - 0 AYES, 4 NAYS, 4 ABSTENTIONS
HAGRID - 1 AYE, 5 NAYS, 2 ABSTENTIONS
XAHAR - 2 AYES, 4 NAYS, 2 ABSTENTIONS
HASHEMITE - 1 AYE, 4 NAYS, 3 ABSTENTIONS
ANDREW - 6 AYES, 1 NAY, 1 ABSTENTION
SJOYCE - 1 AYE, 2 ABSTENTIONS
MAROKAI - 3 AYES

Andrew, Marokai, and SJoyce win the endorsements of the Liberal Party.

Scott, should we do something about the fact that SJoyce has won our endorsement despite receiving only a single vote (mine)?

Nah.  Since no one voted against SJoyce, he won the endorsement fair and square.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2012, 01:25:45 PM »

AT-LARGE SENATE ENDORSEMENT VOTE RESULTS

CLARENCE - 1 AYE, 1 NAY, 6 ABSTENTIONS
SEATOWN - 3 AYES, 4 NAYS, 1 ABSENTION
SNOWSTALKER - 0 AYES, 4 NAYS, 4 ABSTENTIONS
HAGRID - 1 AYE, 5 NAYS, 2 ABSTENTIONS
XAHAR - 2 AYES, 4 NAYS, 2 ABSTENTIONS
HASHEMITE - 1 AYE, 4 NAYS, 3 ABSTENTIONS
ANDREW - 6 AYES, 1 NAY, 1 ABSTENTION
SJOYCE - 1 AYE, 2 ABSTENTIONS
MAROKAI - 3 AYES

Andrew, Marokai, and SJoyce win the endorsements of the Liberal Party.

Scott, should we do something about the fact that SJoyce has won our endorsement despite receiving only a single vote (mine)?

Nah.  Since no one voted against SJoyce, he won the endorsement fair and square.

Thanks for the endorsements, y'all!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2012, 12:58:28 AM »

Details about the upcoming convention will be released after the At-Large Senate election.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2012, 11:55:39 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2012, 02:07:28 PM by Senator Scott »

First, I would like to congratulate the winners of this month's At-Large Senate election.  I look forward to working with both those who retained their seats and those who will be joining the Senate for the first time. Smiley

A big thank you to those who sent PMs out this weekend.  The Liberals did very well this weekend, being the only party to gain seats (two of them), and it will be a pleasure having Senators-elect Bacon King and NVTownsend fight for us in the Senate.

Now, onto convention matters.  The details of our next convention are as follows:

Liberal National Convention, October 2012
Theme: Step-by-Step
Date: October 5-7

Just as last time, the first day will be the time for sign-ins and proposals to our platform/bylaws, the second day is when the floor will be open to speeches, and the third day is when we vote on the proposed changes to the platform/bylaws and elect party leadership.  This will also be the first convention in which we have a February straw poll.

Vice President Napoleon has informed me that he will not be seeking another term, so we need someone to fill his spot.  If you would like to run for a leadership position, between now and the convention is the time to announce your intention to.

To start, I will be running for another term as Chair.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2012, 02:51:44 PM »

So, this morning, I somehow managed to completely forget who the incumbent was. While I seem to do that a lot lately, I apologize and would like to make it clear that I will still be voting for our incumbent. Consider JBrase my cross-party endorsement. Tongue

What party seats are available, by the by?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2012, 03:27:26 PM »

So, this morning, I somehow managed to completely forget who the incumbent was. While I seem to do that a lot lately, I apologize and would like to make it clear that I will still be voting for our incumbent. Consider JBrase my cross-party endorsement. Tongue

What party seats are available, by the by?

Aha, I was worried when I saw that message. Wink

With Nix seeking the Vice Chairmanship, that leaves the race for Whip wide open.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2012, 04:38:09 PM »

Townsend, would you like to run for Whip?  It'd be nice for us to have a full slate of leaders after the convention. Smiley
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2012, 01:56:28 AM »
« Edited: September 06, 2012, 10:57:08 AM by Gass3268 »

I respectfully ask for the endorsement of the Liberal Party for my candidacy in the September Mideast Assembly election. Any questions about my positions or any topic of interest, just ask! Thank you!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2012, 02:16:54 PM »

An endorsement vote on the Mideast gubernatorial race will start on Friday.  I don't normally hold endorsements for regional Assembly candidates, but because Gass3268 has requested one, I will put his name on the ballot as well.  If any other Mideast Assembly candidates wish to seek a party endorsement, please say so now.

Tmth told me privately that he'd like to give a speech to make his case, which I of course would allow him to do. Smiley

Also, the convention is in one month and the Whip position is still available.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2012, 02:19:52 PM »

I don't normally hold endorsements for regional Assembly candidates, but because Gass3268 has requested one, I will put his name on the ballot as well.  If any other Mideast Assembly candidates wish to seek a party endorsement, please say so now.

Thank you Chairman!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2012, 02:40:53 PM »

An endorsement vote on the Mideast gubernatorial race will start on Friday.  I don't normally hold endorsements for regional Assembly candidates, but because Gass3268 has requested one, I will put his name on the ballot as well.  If any other Mideast Assembly candidates wish to seek a party endorsement, please say so now.

Tmth told me privately that he'd like to give a speech to make his case, which I of course would allow him to do. Smiley

Chairman, I'd like to address the Liberal Party Convention regarding the election for Mideast Governor as well. Would that be possible? (For time reasons I could only give the speech tomorrow afternoon, though).
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2012, 02:42:03 PM »

Chairman, I'd like to address the Liberal Party Convention regarding the election for Mideast Governor as well. Would that be possible? (For time reasons I could only give the speech tomorrow afternoon, though).

Of course.  In that case, I will try opening the vote tomorrow night or Saturday morning.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2012, 02:45:22 PM »

I will give my (short) speech early in the afternoon (probably at around 1 or 2 PM EDT) so I hope I won't mix up your schedule too much.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2012, 02:46:39 PM »

I will give my (short) speech early in the afternoon (probably at around 1 or 2 PM EDT) so I hope I won't mix up your schedule too much.

Nope, that should be fine.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2012, 11:30:09 PM »

I look forward to addressing my friends in the Liberal Party tomorrow! Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2012, 11:04:32 AM »

Mr. Chairman,
Members of the Liberal Party,

Thank you for this opportunity to address you today.

I am running for re-election as Mideast Governor because many great things have been achieved during my first term. Firstly, I have introduced the first regional budget in the history of the Mideast and together with the members of the Assembly and GM Shua I have worked hard to make it as balanced as possible. Secondly, I have updated the relevant pages on the regional wiki. Thirdly, I have improved communication between the Governor’s mansion and the regional citizens with the monthly publication of the “Governor’s newsletter” and the question time sessions. Additionally, I have played an active role in the debates of the Mideast Assembly and have contributed to the fact that our regional legislature is again one of the most active Assemblies in Atlasia. Because of the increased rates of activity the Mideast has witnessed since I took office, it is now the largest region in Atlasia, tied with the Northeast.

In general, my first term has been marked by pragmatism and common-sense solutions. Let me show this to you with concrete examples. In fact, I took into account suggestions from people with diverse ideologies when I put together the final version of the “Mideast Sex Crime Statute”. Furthermore, I proposed a reform of the “Mideast Time of Alcohol Sales Statute” so alcohol can now be sold day and night just like other products. Moreover, in order to balance the budget I decided not to cut government programs but to do away with certain tax breaks instead. This way, we have managed to reduce the deficit from $32 billion to $22 billion. In contrast to my opponent, who has called for lower corporate tax rates, I will not lower taxes in times of a looming budget deficit, and I can't promise the citizens of the Mideast to bring down unemployment to 5% and to balance the budget at the same time when we are still not completely out of a long and unrelenting recession. Above all, I will continue to be a realistic Governor.

I am undoubtedly a conservative but I am not a blind ideologue. My top priority is to find good and viable solutions for the Mideast. I have proven my willingness and ability to work with members of all parties during the debates in the Mideast Assembly and with my appointment of Franzl to the Mideast Superior Court. Additionally, I have received the endorsement of Northeast Governor Nix, with whom I have worked together in the Conference of Atlasian Regional Executives.

I am a conservative and clearly not a liberal. Nevertheless, I will continue to be open to suggestions from all political groups should I be re-elected to a second term.

Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to speak to you today,

Governor ZuWo
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2012, 04:15:56 PM »

Thank you for having me today,

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible...lol. I'm running for Governor of the Mideast because I've had a great experience playing Atlasia, and I'd like to give others that same experience. As Governor, my administration will have a big focus on "newbies". I'm not just going to recruit members to my party or parties similar to mine ideologically - I have a proven record of recruiting Atlasians of all political strikes. I will continue that as Governor by forming a bi-partisan commission to not only bring new members to our region, but to also help really integrate the game.

On to policy, one of the top priorities of my administration will be education reform - Currently teacher pay in our region is largely based on student performance. This law is an attack on rural, lower-income area's, and under my administration, I will do everything I can to protect the teacher's of our great region. Additionally, while a balanced budget would be ideal, it will not be absolutely essential right of the bat if I'm elected Governor. I hope to have a balanced budget at the end of my term, but we can't be cutting government to a point where our economy is taking an impact because of it. I am currently involved in an effort to repeal the death penalty on a national level, and am an advocate for animal rights. I will never discriminate against an animal because of their breed - bad owners create bad dogs. Additionally, I am supportive of the Equal Rights Amendment, something Governor ZuWo is openly opposed to.

No matter who wins this election, the Mideast will have an active, capable leader. Unlike my opponent, who has called me everything from erratic to a liar, I'm not going to let this campaign become about tearing each other down, rather, I want this campaign to be about bringing solutions to our region. I humbly ask for the Liberal Party endorsement - you have a tough choice to make, but with me, I think you'd be endorsing a fully capable, active person who is also much closer to your political ideology. As a citizen of Atlasia, I have given high preferences to members of all ideologies, something that is looked down by others in this game, unfortunately (And in RL, damn you Richard Mourdock!!! Tongue). With me, you will have a friend in the Governor's mansion - someone who will be very willing to work with your members to create a better region for us all.

I appreciate all of the good members of your party who have endorsed me thus far, such as Senator Scott and President Napoleon. I now hope I am honored with the endorsement of this party as a whole. Smiley

Thanks,
Isaac Smiley

If any folks out there would like to learn more about my campaign before voting, please visit the following link for my campaign platform. Smiley
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=96767.msg3408288#msg3408288
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2012, 08:43:15 PM »

Thank you, gentlemen.

Liberals, please vote.  This will last for three days.

Endorsement Ballot

Mideast Governor
[ ] ZuWo (Whig-KY)
[ ] Tmthforu94 (Mideast Citizens for Progress and Reform-IN)
[ ] Abstain
[ ] No endorsement

Mideast Assembly - On endorsing Gass3268 (Labor-WI)
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Abstain
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2012, 08:44:50 PM »

Endorsement Ballot

Mideast Governor
[ ] ZuWo (Whig-KY)
[X] Tmthforu94 (Mideast Citizens for Progress and Reform-IN)
[ ] Abstain
[ ] No endorsement

[X] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Abstain
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2012, 09:13:48 PM »

X Tmth
X gass
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #120 on: September 07, 2012, 09:15:06 PM »

ZuWo opposes equal rights for men and women regardless of sexual orientation.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2012, 04:14:46 AM »

No, he opposes the ERA. Not quite the same.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2012, 08:50:13 AM »

Its the only reason to oppose it.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2012, 08:56:57 AM »

Thanks for pointing that out. I guess people like shua and 20RP12 will object to the President's claim that "opposition to the ERA=opposition to equal rights" as well. Indeed, the reasons for my opposition to the ERA can be found here.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2012, 09:19:42 AM »

Endorsement Ballot

Mideast Governor
[ ] ZuWo (Whig-KY)
[X] Tmthforu94 (Mideast Citizens for Progress and Reform-IN)
[ ] Abstain
[ ] No endorsement

[X] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Abstain
[/quote]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies