Liberal National Committee Headquarters [Keystone Phil/Tmthforu94 endorsed]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:23:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal National Committee Headquarters [Keystone Phil/Tmthforu94 endorsed]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Author Topic: Liberal National Committee Headquarters [Keystone Phil/Tmthforu94 endorsed]  (Read 45852 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2012, 11:51:18 AM »
« edited: August 17, 2012, 12:28:04 PM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

Just popping in from over on the left: can someone explain to me what all that Cyrillic (I assume it's Cyrillic) means?

The National Movement of Aliya Mustafina.

Thank you, Mr. Joyce.

You're welcome. As for what it means, I believe it has to do with the belief of Mustafinism-Komovism.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2012, 12:15:39 PM »

Just popping in from over on the left: can someone explain to me what all that Cyrillic (I assume it's Cyrillic) means?

Thank you, Mr. Joyce.

You're welcome. As for what it means, I believe it has to do with the belief of Mustafism-Komovism.

Mustafinism-Komovism, actually.

(and the name should be translated as National Movement "Aliya Mustafina"
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2012, 12:29:39 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Joyce.

You're welcome. As for what it means, I believe it has to do with the belief of Mustafism-Komovism.

Mustafinism-Komovism, actually.

(and the name should be translated as National Movement "Aliya Mustafina"

My mistake (didn't know how much you'd shorten the name by to add the -ism).
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2012, 02:46:27 PM »

Национальное движение Черт я люблю блины
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2012, 04:18:53 PM »

Clarence- Abstain
Seatown- Aye
Snowstalker- Aye
Hagridofthedeep- Nay
Xahar- Aye
Hashemite- Aye
Andrew- Aye
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2012, 08:40:24 PM »

AndrewTX - Aye
Abstain on all others
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2012, 11:27:04 PM »

Clarence (Whig)
[ ] Aye
  • Nay
[ ] Abstain

Seatown (Labor)
  • Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Snowstalker (Labor)
  • Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Hagrid of the Deep (Whig)
[ ] Aye
  • Nay
[ ] Abstain

Xahar (Национа́льное движе́ние «Алия́ Муста́фина»)
  • Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

Hashemite (Национа́льное движе́ние «Алия́ Муста́фина»)
[ ] Aye
[ ] Nay
  • Abstain

AndrewTX (Independent)
  • Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2012, 06:52:09 AM »

Cross-Party Endorsement Ballot

Clarence (Whig) - ABSTAIN
Seatown (Labor) - AYE
Snowstalker (Labor) - ABSTAIN
Hagrid of the Deep (Whig) - NAY
Xahar (Национа́льное движе́ние «Алия́ Муста́фина») - NAY
Hashemite (Национа́льное движе́ние «Алия́ Муста́фина») - NAY
AndrewTX (independent) - AYE
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2012, 05:16:39 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2012, 05:18:13 PM by Senator Scott »

Members, I am extending vote time to Monday evening so that everyone has the opportunity to vote on SJoyce and Marokai's endorsements.

Also, the primary poll closes in less than two hours.

Marokai Blue
[ ] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

SJoyce
[ ] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2012, 05:17:27 PM »

Marokai Blue
[X] Aye
[ ] Nay
[ ] Abstain

SJoyce
[ ] Aye
[ ] Nay
[X] Abstain
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2012, 05:18:21 PM »

Marokai- Aye
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2012, 01:51:57 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2012, 01:53:38 PM by Senator Scott »

I'm thinking about changing my votes since the Liberal Party, at this rate, seems to be the only one on pace to endorse non-party candidates.

Also, I would like to remind everyone that abstention votes will not be counted.  If you don't want someone to get an endorsement, vote nay on them.  Just thought I should mention that. Grin
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2012, 01:57:48 PM »

I didn't want to vote Nay on anyone but I think the divisive efforts by Seatown and Snowstalker require that our party deny them our support. When they decide they want to contribute to leftist cooperation, I will reconsider.

NAY on Snowstalker
Change my Aye to NAY on Seatown
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2012, 01:58:32 PM »

I am also changing my vote to NAY on Snowstalker and Seatown.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2012, 02:22:01 PM »

Whatever my vote on them was before, it is now, certainly, NAY.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2012, 02:53:43 PM »

You'd better be outraged at the path your Liberal Party is taking because if you guys continue to recruit libertarians, centrists and leftists at the same time it will become less and less clear what your party stands for. Wink

I believe it would result in a party best described as "moderate liberalitarian".

Perfect for someone like you! Wink

'Twould, were I not a Southerner.

I've said I'd join the Liberals if I weren't in the Imperial Bloc/IDS. Just thought that should be brought to the attention of the party in your endorsement vote.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2012, 03:46:07 PM »

The last time Atlasia had two leftist parties and they didn't work together, it helped lead to Dallasfan and I snagging the Presidency.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2012, 03:49:21 PM »

I never had the desire to appear divisive or bring about divisiveness, to be completely honest.  When Snowstalker and Seatown decide to cooperate and ZuWo decides to mind his own business, I may reconsider my vote, as well.  I think it's shameful that two great parties are unable to work together out of spite for minor differences on the issues, but I find it wrong for us to endorse candidates from other parties and get nothing in return.  And quite frankly, if we have Senate candidates running that demonstrate no desire to work with people they don't agree with all the time, then I don't believe they're qualified to hold public office.  Debate gets heated enough in the Senate between the left and the right at times, and I fear that endorsing people who wish to break the bond between the leftist parties will only lead to further polarization.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2012, 03:54:50 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2012, 04:07:57 PM by President Napoleon »

The last time Atlasia had two leftist parties and they didn't work together, it helped lead to Dallasfan and I snagging the Presidency.

Snowstalker has not been particularly shy about having this desire.

I never had the desire to appear divisive or bring about divisiveness, to be completely honest.

You don't appear divisive at all.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh, I don't necessarily blame the Labor Party as there are a lot of great folks over there. I've decided to endorse Marokai for Senate because he is a serious and dedicated Atlasian, and this is despite our history. Snowstalker is prolonging the problems of the past with his personality-driven politics instead of actually working to help the Left. He tries to play this game of "Who's the Real Leftist?" while voting for Clarence and trying to make shady deals with the Whig Party. Seatown can't even get along with the Labor Party's only other Senator. This mess certainly isn't our doing and frankly I want to stay away from it and the contributors to it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's why I can't support them. I intended to only make positive endorsements in this campaign but I can't sit back and let the game devolve to such a primitive state right when we are finally getting back on track and people are more interested in Atlasia than they have been in a while. If Snowstalker has his way, I imagine a new low for Atlasia.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2012, 04:03:59 PM »

I never had the desire to appear divisive or bring about divisiveness, to be completely honest.  When Snowstalker and Seatown decide to cooperate and ZuWo decides to mind his own business, I may reconsider my vote, as well.  

Hold on. Snowstalker addressed the Whig Party, your President also posted in the Whig Party Convention thread, and I replied to Snowstalker's post in the Whig Party thread, so everything I wrote is very well my own business. Moreover, I stand by what I said: It is important for a political party - be it the Labor Party or the Whig Party - to have its own identity and try to distinguish itself very clearly from other parties. If that's not the case, a party is doomed. It's a good sign if the Labor Party starts to emancipate itself from the Liberal Party and becomes more unique.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2012, 04:09:45 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2012, 04:20:45 PM by Tmthforu94 »

It's a good sign if the Labor Party starts to emancipate itself from the Liberal Party and becomes more unique.
This isn't the way to go about it. This isn't "emancipating" and "becoming unique". This is fracturing the left, which of course you want, as it'll help the Whig candidates. Wink I really can't see how the two liberal parties splitting up is supposed to be beneficial to them.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2012, 04:11:52 PM »

It's a good sign if the Labor Party starts to emancipate itself from the Liberal Party and becomes more unique.
This isn't the way to go about it. This isn't "emancipating" and "becoming unique". This is fracturing the right, which of course you want, as it'll help the Whig candidates. Wink I really can't see how the two liberal parties splitting up is supposed to be beneficial to them.

It isn't supposed to benefit the Left. Anyone on the Left who thinks ZuWo has their best interests at heart and is speaking on their behalf might as well just join the Whigs and elect JCL to the Presidency or Senate or whatever.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2012, 04:19:02 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2012, 04:20:38 PM by Mideast Governor ZuWo »

This isn't the way to go about it. This isn't "emancipating" and "becoming unique". This is fracturing the right, which of course you want, as it'll help the Whig candidates. Wink I really can't see how the two liberal parties splitting up is supposed to be beneficial to them.

No, I don't want to fracture the right (or the left for that matter).
I want diverse parties in Atlasia which represent diverse ideologies because this is what ultimately benefits the game. I always said I wouldn't mind to have a second party on the right next to the Whig Party but all attempts have failed so far. Likewise, since there are so many leftists in Atlasia it's more exciting for the game if we have diverse parties on the left (and this diversity is only possible if the parties can actually be distinguishable from each other).

Out of respect for the Liberal Party, this has been my last post in this thread.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2012, 04:21:25 PM »

No, I don't want to fracture the right (or the left for that matter).
I want diverse parties in Atlasia which represent diverse ideologies because this is what ultimately benefits the game. I always said I wouldn't mind to have a second party on the right next to the Whig Party but all attempts have failed so far. Likewise, since there are so many leftists in Atlasia it's more exciting for the game if we have diverse parties on the left (and this diversity is only possible if the parties can actually be distinguishable from each other).

Out of respect for the Liberal Party, this has been my last post in this thread.
Sorry, I meant left, not right.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2012, 04:35:27 PM »

I've said I'd join the Liberals if I weren't in the Imperial Bloc/IDS. Just thought that should be brought to the attention of the party in your endorsement vote.

I'll probably give you my 6th at this point.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies