Worst possible VP for Romney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:08:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Worst possible VP for Romney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst possible VP for Romney  (Read 4622 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: April 08, 2012, 03:13:47 PM »

Unlike me some of you seem to think that the VP choice matters a great deal, so out of curiosity which Republican governor or senator would be the worst possible VP choice for Romney? Would there be a candidate, that could cost him 10%?
Among governors or senators? Probably not. Tom Coburn or Rand Paul might come close.

Basically a VP pick is irrelevant unless it makes some people question the candidate's sanity and good judgment (not counting partisans of the other side that were already convinced that such sanity was questionable, obviously). Eagleton being the textbook example, though other picks - Dan Quayle! - have had much more minor but effectively similar effects.
Even then, much depends on the media response. I mean, Republicans got away with picking Dick Cheney and Sarah Palin recently with no ill effects.
I don't think you can win votes with a VP pick, though there will be  hacks that do think so.

Thankfully West is neither a Governor nor a Senator. And as to the literal "Worst Possible VP for Romney"... I think a random 35-year old Black homeless person with mental problems and a few felony convictions would be an even worse pick than West. Grin
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 01:45:05 PM »

Current Govs/Senators?  Jan Brewer
Ooh yeah.

Also (and to a lesser degree), Scott Walker by then.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies