Politicians on the 'other side' that you respect (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:44:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Politicians on the 'other side' that you respect (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politicians on the 'other side' that you respect  (Read 2380 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: April 09, 2012, 08:54:25 AM »

I'm not officially affiliated with any political party, but I'll regard myself as "CDU-FDP" for the purpose of answering this question.

Let's see.

In the SPD, I like Peer Steinbrück (as in, would be willing to consider voting SPD if he were to become Chancellor under an SPD-led government). I respect Kurt Beck. Ah, I also like Christian Ude (and would probably vote SPD in Bayern next election).

In the Greens, I suppose Renate Künast is the least bad at federal level. I really do like Winfried Kretschmann and would not necessarily hesistate to vote Green even in B-W.

In the SED...ummm...Left, I mean, I really can't say I like anyone. I suppose I respect Gregor Gysi more than anyone else in the party, but that's not really saying a whole lot.

Now the United States. I'll call myself a Democrat despite being on record having voted in this year's Republican primary...

Republicans at national level are more or less worthless. Took me a while to realize this, but all support the same failed policies, whether they're "moderate" or "conservative". Therefore, I don't really respect or like any enough to vote for them for President, Senate or the House of Representatives at present.

I suppose I respect some that have relatively hardcore ideologies. Ron Paul. Tom Coburn. Linda McMahon for some reason. Probably a couple of other similar cases.

At non-federal level there are a couple of Republicans I sort of respect. Branstad, Haley, Martinez. Mitch Daniels. Respecting them doesn't necessarily mean I like them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies