Opinion of the churches of Christ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:13:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of the churches of Christ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of the churches of Christ?
Freedom Churches
Horrible Churches
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Opinion of the churches of Christ  (Read 4594 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 10, 2012, 12:22:15 AM »

I'm pretty sure my cousin is a preacher at one....well, I know he is a preacher (in the church he grew up in, which sounds really weird to me, but that's his deal), but I'm not 100% sure they are a Church of Christ.....stand by.....nevermind, it's a Community Christian Church...whatever the hell that is.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 12:40:12 AM »

That's what the internet is telling me.  I went to a few services there, they seemed like slightly more laid back S.Baptist's to me....but I was just a dumb kid and didn't get into any deep theological discussions with anybody(not like I'd get into any deep theological discussions now as dumb adult, but you know what I mean).  I'm pretty sure they believed in the V.birth, raised from the dead, will come back..ya know, the "important stuff".  Not sure about the "literal translation" part, but I'd lean towards yes.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 01:36:56 AM »

So laid back like the type of church I'd go to? Like he preaches in jeans and in a very down to earth and non-aloof style?
Not that laid back and maybe on Wednesday nights he might wear jeans, I have no clue.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I'm sure a lot of S.Baptists buy into that, but certainly not all of them.
Now that's true of them, and if you read what Jesus said, (and believe in it) it's probably true.
I don't even know what that part means, so I can't address it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 12:05:54 AM »

Why don't they believe the latter (majority of people going to hell)?

Because we dare hope.

But look at the stats. A majority of people are not Christians, using the loosest definition possible. And what about those guys like the Ancient Babylonians/Egyptians/Chineese/Indians/Mayans/Aztecs/Incans/Greeks/Persians/ anyone else I missed that died long before Jesus was born?
Anybody that never got a chance to be saved gets saved automatically....or at least that's how I learned it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies