Opinion of the churches of Christ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:59:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of the churches of Christ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of the churches of Christ?
Freedom Churches
Horrible Churches
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Opinion of the churches of Christ  (Read 4591 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: April 09, 2012, 09:42:57 PM »

Not all of them are Acapella Churches of Christ.

This is the denomination I've always attended.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 09:51:41 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2012, 09:57:07 PM by Smid »

Yes, that's the one.

Edit: As in, the non-acapella ones, although I've met some people from one of the acapella ones. Indeed, I used to be in the church band a few years back.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 11:54:14 PM »

the magi who came to see Jesus, the "Three" Wise Men*, were Eastern Religious scholars, not Jews or Christians, and then talked about how God can work through people who aren't Christian and kind of tied into that sermon series' general theme of "Jesus is for EVERYONE".

Indeed. Persian, I'd suspect, but I've heard suggestions that they could have been from as far off as Korea or China. It's quite obvious that it took them some time to arrive because even factoring in that Herod wouldn't have noticed them missing immediately, he still went after male children under the age of 2, so it clearly took them a while to arrive (even if Herod was being a tad conservative in his estimates). There was an incense route that they may have followed, although the Bible doesn't mark out the route they took. My father suggested to me once that the star they followed may well have been the same pillar of fire the Israelites followed in the wilderness after leaving Egypt, but again, that's speculation. Not really relevant to the discussion here, but an interesting point to consider.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies