Republicans - The Party of Blunt Honesty, Democrats - The Party of Emotion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Republicans - The Party of Blunt Honesty, Democrats - The Party of Emotion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Republicans - The Party of Blunt Honesty, Democrats - The Party of Emotion  (Read 9240 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 03:12:50 PM »

Why isn't this a video? I want to see more segments my Naso: the Reporter
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 03:13:18 PM »

My opinion?

Republican Party - The Party of Darwin's Winners.
Democratic Party - The Party of the Chronically Naive.

The words 'Republican' and 'Darwin' should never be affiliated with each other.

I take it you never heard of Social Darwinism?

I was making a joke.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 03:13:57 PM »

My opinion?

The words 'Republican' and 'Darwin' should never be affiliated with each other.

I take it you never heard of Social Darwinism?

I was making a joke.

Tongue, right.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »

Perhaps the best part about these Naso rants is the fact that some people here get so riled up in response. I love it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 04:54:51 PM »

Perhaps the best part about these Naso rants is the fact that some people here get so riled up in response. I love it.

I used to feel the same way, but they've become so tedious that I prefer to rile myself up.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 06:49:08 PM »

Nonsense. The chronically naive tend to be unaffiliateds.

How's that universal healthcare working out for you?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2012, 07:19:25 PM »

Nonsense. The chronically naive tend to be unaffiliateds.
How's that universal healthcare working out for you?

That's a strange question to ask me. (Though I'm sure that you'll be delighted to learn that, at least for me, the Affordable Care Act has so far worked out just fine.)

My point is this: People who are politically active are 1) more likely to identify with a party than those who are not, and 2) tend to be more knowledgeable about both issues and what is politically practicable.

My point was that what was supposed to be a public option turned into a watered down hand out to the insurance industry.
So yeah, if you want to believe that voting for the less corporatist party is going to get any real meaningful results be my guest.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2012, 11:19:23 PM »

It'd be nice if Naso spent his time writing about something other than the same basic point that 50s stereotypes are true.  That's really all he said here.  By the title, I was expecting for him to at least touch on economic issues on a dumb level, but that was an overestimate of his real conservatism. Naso's only real concern is seeing who he is as a person being labeled as the best kind of person in order to feel vindicated for his demoralizing social upbringing and he thinks voting Republican will make it happen.

And that's, of course, false.
Interesting. But Naso almost explained the Republican voter, he forgot the rich and the misguided.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2012, 11:32:33 PM »

My opinion?

Judging by demographic trends, I'd say you have it completely backward.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 12:21:01 AM »

Iraqi WMD, 2000 election, Iran-Contra, Watergate, Teapot Dome. Do I have to list more examples of massive Republican lies?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2012, 01:30:36 AM »

Iraqi WMD, 2000 election, Iran-Contra, Watergate, Teapot Dome. Do I have to list more examples of massive Republican lies?

Iraqi WMD isn't a lie, it was bad information. If you tell someone you think the restaurant looks like it doesn't have a long wait, only to walk inside and discover it does, does that mean you deliberately lied? No.

The 2000 election was where Texas Gov. George Bush defeated Vice President Al Gore. Bush lead Gore going as far back as polls in 1997. The fact that Gore even came as close as he did was a miracle on his part.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 05:34:36 AM »

Iraqi WMD isn't a lie, it was bad information. If you tell someone you think the restaurant looks like it doesn't have a long wait, only to walk inside and discover it does, does that mean you deliberately lied? No.

Brilliant analogy. And then, after realizing that there is a long wait, you figure, "Let's stick around and see what that salad bar is all about." Of course, half way through the wait, another guest might announce that there actually isn't the long wait that everyone thought there was. He would subsequently be voted out of the area by 17 points, of course, but he'll be back. Don't you worry.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2012, 06:42:52 AM »

If African Americans vote based on race, why did Ted Strickland win blacks?  lolz
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 08:00:03 AM »

The 2000 election was where Texas Gov. George Bush defeated Vice President Al Gore. Bush lead Gore going as far back as polls in 1997. The fact that Gore even came as close as he did was a miracle on his part.

He was making the point that Gore won the election, because he did. He was chosen by the people to be President of the United States. But because a vote in Texas or Florida counts more as long as it's a winning vote, Bush won.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 09:21:35 AM »

He was making the point that Gore won the election, because he did. He was chosen by the people to be President of the United States. But because a vote in Texas or Florida counts more as long as it's a winning vote, Bush won.

You're a Paultard, correct? And you don't understand the Constitution? Shocking stuff.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2012, 12:44:06 PM »

Yeah, the President of Finland is decided by the popular vote, and Al Gore won the popular vote. Oh wait...this is America...not Finland...I guess that means you should zip it!
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 02:07:09 PM »

Brilliant analogy. And then, after realizing that there is a long wait, you figure, "Let's stick around and see what that salad bar is all about." Of course, half way through the wait, another guest might announce that there actually isn't the long wait that everyone thought there was. He would subsequently be voted out of the area by 17 points, of course, but he'll be back. Don't you worry.

Not only that, but you'd be calling up all your friends and telling them that there is no wait at all. And as far as I can tell, the only motivation for staying in line (despite the fact that your kids are hungry and want to eat now) is that your father had dinner at this restaurant twelve years ago and didn't finish his meal.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 02:18:27 PM »

Yeah, the President of Finland is decided by the popular vote, and Al Gore won the popular vote. Oh wait...this is America...not Finland...I guess that means you should zip it!

And why is it at all acceptable that this should be the case?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2012, 07:29:01 PM »

It's adorable how little Naso's beliefs have matured over nearly a decade.

Not saying that one set of beliefs is more "mature" than another, just that there usually is some sort of evolution in one's thoughts. Naso flatlined (and I don't mean like the 1980's film FLATLINERS that Naso undoubtably loves).
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2012, 08:01:37 PM »

So let me get this straight

Republican logic:

If 50.1% of people vote for somebody, they don't win unless those 50.1% of people lived in more populous states?

I understand the Constitution but the notion that a vote in California counts more than a vote in Montana doesn't disturb the sh*t out of you guys?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2012, 08:25:13 PM »

Republican logic:

If 50.1% of people vote for somebody, they don't win unless those 50.1% of people lived in more populous states?

I understand the Constitution but the notion that a vote in California counts more than a vote in Montana doesn't disturb the sh*t out of you guys?

It's much, much less ridiculous than the U.S. Senate.

Also, a vote in Montana counts for slightly more than a vote in California. Divide population by electoral votes.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »

Republican logic:

It's much, much less ridiculous than the U.S. Senate.

Also, a vote in Montana counts for slightly more than a vote in California. Divide population by electoral votes.

I'm talking in terms of the amount of electoral votes up for grabs. California has 55, Montana has 3.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »

Not saying that one set of beliefs is more "mature" than another, just that there usually is some sort of evolution in one's thoughts. Naso flatlined (and I don't mean like the 1980's film FLATLINERS that Naso undoubtably loves).

Flatliners was the 1990s.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2012, 09:36:08 PM »

My opinion?

The old analogy of the upper classes as 'Darwinian Winners' is very misleading.  Human society is like an anti-hill, and the upper-classes are comparable to the Queen.  They are served by the others, and the society functions as a whole - there is no independent action.  The winners do nothing to win, and the losers do nothing to lose, its all built into the system.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2012, 10:42:23 PM »

Flatliners was the 1990s.

Barely. 1990.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies