Republicans - The Party of Blunt Honesty, Democrats - The Party of Emotion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:02:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Republicans - The Party of Blunt Honesty, Democrats - The Party of Emotion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans - The Party of Blunt Honesty, Democrats - The Party of Emotion  (Read 9407 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 09, 2012, 07:24:40 AM »

Women voters, African American voters, and younger voters almost always vote mostly Democratic. It doesn't matter if it was Reagan or Bush or Obama, those voting blocs tend to be Democratic. This is well documented and of no surprise.

However, recently, there has been an attempt by liberals to make it seem that if someone is a conservative or a member of the Republican Party, that the person should be considered either homophobic, racist, sexist or bigoted. This is due to the overwhelming facts about why certain voting blocs vote a certain way.

Now, before we do this, we must agree to a few rules:

1. You cannot say that I am "generalizing" or "stereotyping". I'll let you in on a secret...nearly all of America is one big generalization. Generalizing is by far a foundational element of logic and human reasoning.

2. Everything can be interpreted as racist, due in part (funny enough) because of generalizing. You can say, "I miss 50s music." Does that mean you wish Jim Crow Laws were still in existence? Of course not.

3. Those who often claim racism or bigotry, seem to want racism and bigotry to be the reason for something. See NBC's edited Trevon Martin call. They wanted it to seem like the way they edited it because they wanted controversy, they want to claim racism and bigotry. So beware, you can say your favorite color is red instead of brown or black, and be called a racist. Racism, Sexism and Bigotry are pursued claims.

Now, with those ideas in mind, let's look at men vs. women. YES, you do have exceptions where there are men who vote liberal, women who vote conservative. This is clear. See Rule #1 about generalizations.

I've watched interviews lately where reporters walk around college campuses or a neighborhood or wherever, and ask the men and women who they may consider voting for and why. Men, regardless of who they claimed they were voting for, seemed more issue oriented. "Ahh gas prices, ect". "Obama killed Bin Laden, he's got my vote!" ect. Women on the other hand, seemed more emotion oriented. "Yeah I don't think he's done a good job on the economy...but I feel as though he is trying his hardest". That's what nailed it for me.

To quote a film line from Sean Connery, the ultra tough-guy male, James Bond himself, "Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen!" It's true that for the most part men could care less about emotion when it comes to voting. That's why so many men (a majority) voted for John McCain the same day virtually the entire world was gasping over the election of the first black President of the United States. They weren't voting based on race. They're not racist. They weren't voting based on the eccentricity of the moment or emotion. They voted on the issues. Women tend to vote on emotion.

Think of the general way dating is perceived. If a woman tells another girl that a guy just got out of jail, and he's a perceived "Bad Boy", chances are she will look at that as a positive. It's a turn on. It's dangerous.

If a man tells another man, "That girl just got out of jail, she's a bad girl, ect" chances are the guys will say, "Keep me the hell away from that crazy girl".

While that's a generalization, it's quite obvious the "bad" image appeals to women while men typically will tell each other, "Stay away from her, dude...she's bad news".

Then you end up with having many women think they can change the way a man is. Or they try and ameliorate and rectify a negative situation. "He only hits me because he loves me". That real emotion driven, "We may have 8% unemployment, but he's trying". Men on the other hand are more likely to say, "I want results!"

That's why we have such a huge gender gap. Emotion. Democrats LOVE to drive voter emotion. I'll never forget my grandmother near tears because she read some pamphlet in the mail that said if George Bush is elected President in 2000, her social security would be gone on day 1 of his administration. Of course, George Bush defeated Al Gore in 2000, and my grandmother still has her social security. It's the politics of fear. Often Democrats say Republicans are the party of fear, but it's actually the other way around.

African American voters vote based on race. Period. The first statewide candidate I ever voted for was an African American man. Ken Blackwell, the Republican Secretary of State of Ohio. I voted Blackwell for Governor in 2006 because I'm not a racist. I vote based on the issues and politics. Had I been a racist, would I have voted for a black man? Of course not. However, I've been called a racist because I voted for John McCain instead of Barack Obama. Why? Because in some odd, twisted way, an African American who may be more conservative, is seen as somehow abandoning their own race. I've heard that back in the 1980s and early 1990s when "The Cosby Show" was far and away one of the most groundbreaking sitcoms in television history, there was criticism from African Americans that it was "unrealistic" as it showed an African American family that was very wealthy. An OB-GYN and a lawyer living in a brownstone home in Brooklyn, New York was seen as somehow pretending to be different than the "majority" of African Americans.

This is also seen with women. Republicans don't want women in positions of power...that's the claim. Who had a woman on the Presidential ticket four years ago? Republicans. But somehow it seems "wrong" because the woman may be conservative.

I think it has less to do about race and gender than it does about whether or not you're conservative or liberal.

As far as young people tending to vote Democratic, this again does also go back to the liberalism cause. Emotions, gut reactions, all play into the hands of Democrats.

To assume conservatives are racists, bigots or sexists is false. These voting blocs have stayed the same throughout many years, but the liberals are attempting to woo voters by trying to make it seem as though there is a "War on women" and that conservatives are racist. Conservatives big problem is that they're so blunt and honest, that it can often seem insensitive, an emotion that plays right into the hands of Democrats. Don't buy into it.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:42:48 AM »

Well constructed argument , for the most part, IMO, but they'll tear you apart for this & you probably know it.

It will show who has the better logic. Someone who formulates an intelligent argument, versus someone who mocks it without any logic.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 01:30:36 AM »

Iraqi WMD, 2000 election, Iran-Contra, Watergate, Teapot Dome. Do I have to list more examples of massive Republican lies?

Iraqi WMD isn't a lie, it was bad information. If you tell someone you think the restaurant looks like it doesn't have a long wait, only to walk inside and discover it does, does that mean you deliberately lied? No.

The 2000 election was where Texas Gov. George Bush defeated Vice President Al Gore. Bush lead Gore going as far back as polls in 1997. The fact that Gore even came as close as he did was a miracle on his part.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 12:44:06 PM »

The 2000 election was where Texas Gov. George Bush defeated Vice President Al Gore. Bush lead Gore going as far back as polls in 1997. The fact that Gore even came as close as he did was a miracle on his part.

He was making the point that Gore won the election, because he did. He was chosen by the people to be President of the United States. But because a vote in Texas or Florida counts more as long as it's a winning vote, Bush won.

Yeah, the President of Finland is decided by the popular vote, and Al Gore won the popular vote. Oh wait...this is America...not Finland...I guess that means you should zip it!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »

It's adorable how little Naso's beliefs have matured over nearly a decade.

Not saying that one set of beliefs is more "mature" than another, just that there usually is some sort of evolution in one's thoughts. Naso flatlined (and I don't mean like the 1980's film FLATLINERS that Naso undoubtably loves).

Flatliners was the 1990s.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 11:27:19 PM »

Not saying that one set of beliefs is more "mature" than another, just that there usually is some sort of evolution in one's thoughts. Naso flatlined (and I don't mean like the 1980's film FLATLINERS that Naso undoubtably loves).

Barely. 1990.

1990 is the 90s.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 11:44:58 PM »

Barely. 1990.

1990 is the 90s.

But those were the BUSH YEARS!

?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 02:06:26 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2012, 02:09:21 PM by Reaganfan »

Two good dates to begin the 90s would be the dissolution of the Soviet Union or the release of Nevermind.

1990 and 1991 are when I have my first memories.

Indeed, by 1992 I remember that year very well, as that was the year we moved to our new home, and I began pre-school and also got my first guitar for my 4th birthday.

It still amazes me that just a few short years after Ronald Reagan, Beverly Hills Cop II and Cutting Crew, you had Boyz 2 Men, Nirvana and Bill Clinton. In the same amount of time of 2006 to the present, we had that drastic of pop culture change. Still stuns me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies