A Romney Administration would have military conflicts with... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:42:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  A Romney Administration would have military conflicts with... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: A Romney Administration would have military conflicts with...
Afghanistan

Pakistan

Iran

Syria

Iraq

Lebanon

Palestine

Russia

Venezuela

North Korea

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: A Romney Administration would have military conflicts with...  (Read 2524 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: April 10, 2012, 05:16:43 PM »

Romney may be a spineless poll-driven politician, but I don't think he's a total idiot.  I think he is is smart enough to realize that there is a difference between being in the Oval Office and on the campaign trail.  I think is intelligent to know that once started and the drag of continued combat happens, the public loses its appetite for the war it thought would be a quick and easy contest.  So I don't expect he would start a war with any of the listed options, as none of them would be quick and easy, tho he would back Israel to the hilt if a fight with Iran broke out.

If he goes and invades some place, I expect he'll go for his own version of Grenada. A small country that he could reasonably present as in need of American intervention to restore freedom and which the U.S. could overwhelm with ease.  The Maldives and Fiji come to mind as possibilities.

So a moderate hero invasion? How about Transnistria? They have a terrible Freedom House score and aren't recognized by anyone.

I'm planning to visit Transnistria next summer, btw.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies