If Obama Wins...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:54:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If Obama Wins...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: If Obama Wins...  (Read 2346 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2012, 08:26:49 PM »

How do our most devoted Romney hacks (I'm thinking Winfield, Politico, and NHI here), react on the forum? Do they disappear for awhile? Play the blame game (Media, voter fraud, magic)? Claim that their messiah will return in 2016?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 08:31:03 PM »

Politico takes it the hardest, possible suicide. Winfield, somewhat behind Politico. He'll eventually find another 1%er North-Eastern Republican to invest in for 2016/2020. NHI is tge least invested of the 3. He'll recover the easiest.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 08:34:14 PM »

'Draft Mitt 2016'
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 08:42:12 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2012, 08:46:03 PM by Frodo »

With the exception of Richard Nixon, the modern GOP doesn't typically give its nominees a second chance once they lose the general election.  Especially if they were never that enthralled with them in the first place.    
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 08:44:02 PM »

Oh, the responses should be precious.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 08:45:33 PM »

With the exception of Richard Nixon, the modern GOP doesn't typically give its nominees a second chance once they lose the general election. 

These guys would, though.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 09:13:51 PM »

If Santorum and Gingrich had just pulled out after Super Tuesday, Romney would have had a clear run on the White House and won the election.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 09:15:25 PM »

Politico takes it the hardest, possible suicide. Winfield, somewhat behind Politico. He'll eventually find another 1%er North-Eastern Republican to invest in for 2016/2020. NHI is tge least invested of the 3. He'll recover the easiest.

Something along these lines.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 09:17:01 PM »

Well, at least our candidate made it to the General Election.

I'll regroup and reload if Romney loses. He'll only be 69 in 2016, younger than McCain or Reagan was. It's certainly possible.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 09:20:43 PM »

Very mature! I'm sure that's the standard you've been aiming for this entire time: fend off some guy that hardly anyone expected to be a factor instead of being coronated like everyone expected and then lose the General. I'll take the performance Santorum has had any day of the week over the campaign you've had to settle on.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

"Only" 69. These people are truly delusional.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 09:23:22 PM »

Very mature! I'm sure that's the standard you've been aiming for this entire time: fend off some guy that hardly anyone expected to be a factor instead of being coronated like everyone expected and then lose the General. I'll take the performance Santorum has had any day of the week over the campaign you've had to settle on.

Yeah, you're one to talk about maturity. Roll Eyes

69 is not too old to be President, you're delusional if you think it is.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 09:27:08 PM »

You're delusional to think that he would stand any chance at becoming the nominee after two previous Presidential campaigns, one of which ended in defeat during the primary and the other in which he was lucky to win the nomination. The age is just another negative for him, not the only one. Please don't try to deny that 69 is on the older side for a Presidential candidate.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 09:33:02 PM »

You're delusional to think that he would stand any chance at becoming the nominee after two previous Presidential campaigns, one of which ended in defeat during the primary and the other in which he was lucky to win the nomination. The age is just another negative for him, not the only one. Please don't try to deny that 69 is on the older side for a Presidential candidate.
Quit trying to put words in my mouth - First off, I never said 69 wasn't on the older side for a candidate. I think everyone can agree it is. What I clearly said, which you must not have caught, was that 69 isn't too old to be President. I stand by that.

I don't know if he could stand a chance - I just said there's a possibility he'd run again, and if he did, I would support him. Another instance of you making inaccurate statements.

Romney wasn't lucky to win the nomination - he just had a great advantage in having two horrible main opponents - Santorum and Gingrich.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 09:34:48 PM »

I'll regroup and reload if Romney loses. He'll only be 69 in 2016, younger than McCain or Reagan was. It's certainly possible.

Age wouldn't be the problem. If he loses once, the party will never nominate him again because everyone will remember him for losing. It's hard to imagine anyone pulling a Richard Nixon and running again after a failed general election presidential bid in our modern news cycle era.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 09:35:12 PM »

...wow.

There are people who not only think Mitt Romney is a good candidate, but a candidate good enough that he should be nominated again after losing? Huh
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »

...wow.

There are people who not only think Mitt Romney is a good candidate, but a candidate good enough that he should be nominated again after losing? Huh
2016 will be a stronger crop of candidates, and although I think Governor Romney is still stronger than most of them, it would be hard for him to make it out again. If Romney loses in 2012, it's because Obama is a great speaker and a campaigner and the economy is improving - thus, ANY Republican would lose to him. Obama won't be up again in 2016.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 10:54:47 PM »

....I mean really, unless they find that dead service boy in the back of Obama's iimo. .. . . .

I think we should seriously consider the possibility of getting these boys acquainted with the local consolers to get in touch with their "innerselves".  This Election isn't going to be pretty for either of them.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 12:33:47 AM »

....I mean really, unless they find that dead service boy in the back of Obama's iimo. .. . . .
Indeed.  Obama ain't losing unless something very dramatic happens in the mean time.  If it does, Romney has the best chance (out of the GOP field) of beating him, despite his many faults.

2016 is going to be interesting, because as of right now, neither side has any "good" candidates ready.  But, obviously, a lot can (and no doubt will) happen in that time.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 02:45:25 AM »

A third Romney run as non-incumbent?

Who's delusional here?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 03:59:15 AM »

Mitt Romney is 65? That's kind of terrifying.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 05:03:55 AM »

Winfield isn't the type to have any kind of meltdown when things go bad for Romney.  I don't think he was that phased by Romney's loss in the 2008 primaries.  (I think he just explained it by saying that the voters were too dumb to recognize Romney's greatness or something.)  The more interesting reaction will be if Romney wins.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 05:26:22 AM »

Quit trying to put words in my mouth - First off, I never said 69 wasn't on the older side for a candidate. I think everyone can agree it is. What I clearly said, which you must not have caught, was that 69 isn't too old to be President. I stand by that.

I don't know if he could stand a chance - I just said there's a possibility he'd run again, and if he did, I would support him. Another instance of you making inaccurate statements.

Romney wasn't lucky to win the nomination - he just had a great advantage in having two horrible main opponents - Santorum and Gingrich.

I didn't put words in your mouth. I simply stated that 69 was on the older side while you made it seem like it wouldn't be an issue.

Romney is incredibly lucky if he wins the nomination. The party has not coalesced behind him despite years of hearing how he's the next in line. He's lucky in that the Anybody But Romney vote was split early on, allowing him to take the big wins. If he wins the nomination, he will go down as one of the most unpopular nominees in modern history.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 02:41:23 PM »

Politico will be fine, he already moderated his hackishness. He will realize that Romney loses   a few days before the election happens.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 04:56:34 PM »

Politico will be fine, he already moderated his hackishness. He will realize that Romney loses   a few days before after the election happens.

Fixed Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »

How do our most devoted Romney hacks (I'm thinking Winfield, Politico, and NHI here), react on the forum? Do they disappear for awhile? Play the blame game (Media, voter fraud, magic)? Claim that their messiah will return in 2016?

Short answer:

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies