Which state would you prefer living in? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:32:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Which state would you prefer living in? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which state would you prefer living in?  (Read 2857 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« on: April 13, 2012, 07:39:03 AM »

1. Maine
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. North Carolina
5. New Mexico

I do miss Connecticut a lot, but I think it's mostly because all of my family is out there. It costs way too much money to live there. As for my current residence in PA, man.. the more I stay here the more I am really starting to hate this state. Maybe it's the area. I'm in probably one of the most conservative counties in the state, and it's filled with racist hicks.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 06:28:56 AM »

1. Maine
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. North Carolina
5. New Mexico

I do miss Connecticut a lot, but I think it's mostly because all of my family is out there. It costs way too much money to live there. As for my current residence in PA, man.. the more I stay here the more I am really starting to hate this state. Maybe it's the area. I'm in probably one of the most conservative counties in the state, and it's filled with racist hicks.

So this bears asking. How does racism exist in place that has exactly 0 black people (PA, outside of the big cities, being as good example as any)? As a parallel, I don't have any particular opinion on, say, the people of Kyrgyzstan because I've never met one.

There's a lot of black people where I live (I'm about 25-35 minutes outside of Center City) but I think Andrew lives somewhere out near Pittsburgh. I don't remember exactly where Futtbuck is located Tongue

Noo, I live in Tioga County, I'm the North Central part. I kid you not, a house down the street from me has a giant swastika on it. I talked to authorities about it, and they said "It isn't hurting anyone". BTW, it is confirmed that the guy is a skinhead too. While at a bar last week, I heard someone use the words "chinaman" and "tar baby" in the same sentence.  A lot o the people around here are horrible, wretched creatures, and I'm excited to move away from here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies