Which state would you prefer living in? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:46:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Which state would you prefer living in? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which state would you prefer living in?  (Read 2849 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: April 10, 2012, 06:08:18 PM »

Top 10

1. New Jersey
2. Massachusetts
3. Illinois
4. Maine
5. Indiana
6. Vermont
7. Montana
8. Washington
9. North Dakota
10. Minnesota

Bottom 10

41. Kansas
42. Arizona
43. California
44. Texas
45. Arkansas
46. Georgia
47. Mississippi
48. Alabama
49. New York
50. Pennsylvania
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 07:20:57 PM »

I can't understand why anyone would want to live here. There is literally nothing to do. It's like the South of the Northeast.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:21:02 AM »

I can't understand why anyone would want to live here. There is literally nothing to do. It's like the South of the Northeast.

Uh...I don't know where you live in PA, but where I am there's more to do than I could possibly imagine taking advantage of.

I live in Montgomery County, like 25 minutes outside of Center City.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:57:41 PM »

1. Maine
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. North Carolina
5. New Mexico

I do miss Connecticut a lot, but I think it's mostly because all of my family is out there. It costs way too much money to live there. As for my current residence in PA, man.. the more I stay here the more I am really starting to hate this state. Maybe it's the area. I'm in probably one of the most conservative counties in the state, and it's filled with racist hicks.

So this bears asking. How does racism exist in place that has exactly 0 black people (PA, outside of the big cities, being as good example as any)? As a parallel, I don't have any particular opinion on, say, the people of Kyrgyzstan because I've never met one.

There's a lot of black people where I live (I'm about 25-35 minutes outside of Center City) but I think Andrew lives somewhere out near Pittsburgh. I don't remember exactly where Futtbuck is located Tongue
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 07:45:53 AM »

Noo, I live in Tioga County, I'm the North Central part. I kid you not, a house down the street from me has a giant swastika on it. I talked to authorities about it, and they said "It isn't hurting anyone". BTW, it is confirmed that the guy is a skinhead too. While at a bar last week, I heard someone use the words "chinaman" and "tar baby" in the same sentence.  A lot o the people around here are horrible, wretched creatures, and I'm excited to move away from here.

Ouuuuuuuuuuch. That's pretty backward. Well, especially at my High School, the n-word floats around olot--but it's the black kids saying it. There's also been at least 5 or 6 fights this year--and 1 was over a pair of headphones.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies