So what went wrong with Santorum? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:59:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  So what went wrong with Santorum? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So what went wrong with Santorum?  (Read 4189 times)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 10, 2012, 03:08:22 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I await O+15 vs Romney. 

The GOP always loses when they nominate a moderate. Always.

Congrats to four more years of Obama.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 03:11:41 PM »

As I said - I'm I-TX.

Romney can go rot in hell.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 03:24:15 PM »

Money. That was it. He had a commanding lead in enthusiasm over Romney as everyone here has noted.

I think this is a worse mistake than Cain to quit at this point. Romney is going to get destroyed, and now Rick is the presumptive nominee for 2016.

Gingrich is done.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 03:43:36 PM »

Frankly, I don't think he had a chance of winning Michigan with Gingrich splitting the vote.

His view on education is refreshing, timely and very true. Education is far overpriced and needs to be cut back to be in line with what people make these days and it's true value.

Contraception, again, it's refreshing. His views are nice to see people recognizing the link between all of the progressive developments over time. They are all connected with one another, and each link is a link in an ever growing chain.

This election was the last chance for America to defeat two more of the final links in the chain which are going to get hammered down over the next four years.

I don't believe Romney can win, and he won't significantly challenge Obama. Depending on how angry the southern folks are (and believe me we are angry), he may get blown out in the south too.

This election is done, and I want to see how Politico explains how Romney -15 is going to actually win the election and avoid depressing the downballot races.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 04:02:45 PM »

I don't see why he should be sorry for making principled comments on difficult political issues and sticking to them. It's why he had an enthusiasm gap over Romney that would have carried over into the general.

Now Mitt no longer has a spending advantage, or an enthusiasm advantage, or an organisation advantage plus he is up against incumbancy and the media.

Right now, my map vs Obama has him up in Idaho + Utah. He's losing 48-2 with the CO-12 numbers.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 04:05:31 PM »

I work for the church and do not want to pay for abortion ever. Now I have a choice between a candidate that wants to force me to pay for abortion and a candidate that wants to force me to pay for abortion.

Damn straight I'm pissed. 4 more years of the O because of Mittbot 2.0? Goddamn. What a waste of time.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 04:10:40 PM »

Yeah, we've been fighting Mittcare, and now Obamacare, and now we'll be scouting about to draft a third party candidate who does represent our views on this issue, since the republican party no longer represents us.

I hope that makes my anger more understandable.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 04:13:27 PM »

Yeah, that's where I'm leaning towards now. Those are good folks. Just so depressing to see the end result.

I wanted to vote for Rick in the primary here in TX and deliver the state for him with all the delegates.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »

Hardline = banning abortions done after the 39th week.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 07:03:53 PM »

That optional dixie model is going to get phased out, Cheezy Grits. He has no further need to pander to the south.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 09:04:33 AM »

So Ted Kennedy's campaign was a fluke too?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies