Coca Cola vs Pepsi (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:32:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Coca Cola vs Pepsi (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you prefer Coca Cola or Pepsi products?
Coca Cola

Pepsi

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Coca Cola vs Pepsi  (Read 3527 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: April 10, 2012, 08:03:59 PM »

I guess if I were stuck back in the Bad Place I'd have to try to get some of that black market Coke from Mexico, but wen I used to get it years ago it seemed like nine times out of ten it was flat.

Here in Thailand of course Coke is delicious, made with real sugar cane sugar.  Pepsi is like Pepsi everywhere - insipid.  Alas Pepsi has become more dominant in the market.  I find this is the case everywhere in the world - the product that I like will always lose out in the market.  Capitalism destroys choice - another example is that Coke is getting harder and harder to find in the real glass bottles here, but I avoid it any other way, and lastly it is harder yet to find it served in-the-plastic-bag-with-ice as it was traditionally done, but I do still get it that way quite often.  For how much longer?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »

I guess if I were stuck back in the Bad Place I'd have to try to get some of that black market Coke from Mexico, but wen I used to get it years ago it seemed like nine times out of ten it was flat.

It's called the mexican aisle bro.

Back when I still lived in the Bad Place, you had to go to little Habaneros or Bandanas or whatever you call those little Mexican corner stores (campesinos? Casa Diegos?), in order to get the black market Mexican Coke, and it was usually a little worse for wear due to being smuggled into the country.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 07:42:12 AM »

It's the taste of all the dark sodas.  From Cola (which I can drink, but I'd rather have ice water 95% of the time) to Root Beer to Dr.Pepper/Mr.Pibb (blech to all three).  The "fruity" sodas (orange, grape, strawberry...ya know, black people soda) are all better than any dark soda.  But I rarely drink any of them as, like I said, I'd rather have tap water on ice..  If I'm going to put something I know is bad for me in my body, it better taste damn good.  Like Mt Dew or Keebler Soft Batch cookies.  I'm not going to put crap in me just as filler or because it's kind of good.

Real Coke tastes a lot better than Mountain Dew.  I used to drink Mountain Dew back in the US because everything tasted terrible anyway with the HFCs, and Mountain Dew had more caffeine/sugar to wake me up.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 08:33:43 AM »

To each their own.  I've heard people say that "real" sugar is better for years, then they came out with the "throwback" real sugar stuff and I can't stand it.  It tastes like diet soda to me.  I'll stick with the HFCs thankyouverymuch.  I'm sure it's just because it's what I'm used to.  Taste is subjective and all that.

Generally speaking I find that the HFCs ruin Cola flavored products much worse than fruity/Mountain Dew type products.   That's one reason I drank Mountain Dew in the Bad Place, and Coke here (well that and Mountain Dew doesn't exist here anyway - an oversight I'd say as I believe Thais love ultra-sweet fruity things).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 12:31:26 PM »

I'm always amazed that adults drink that stuff.

Why?  A little caffeine and sugar - its similar to your tea, and less trouble. 

Usually I drink a sugary caffeinated soft drink (Coke in Thailand, Mountain Dew in the Bad Place) immediately upon waking up - I mean I just reach into the fridge without even putting on my glasses, such is the immediate need for sugar and caffeine.

However that may very likely be the only such beverage I consume all day, or perhaps just one more.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 04:20:33 AM »

Why?  A little caffeine and sugar - its similar to your tea, and less trouble.

I don't put sugar in tea and if I did it wouldn't be in industrial quantities...

No sugar!  Very bizarre.  I can't drink hot drinks first thing in the day - can only drink coffee on a full stomach - and tea also be preferable after a small meal or light snack.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies