clarence's European Vacation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:01:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  clarence's European Vacation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: clarence's European Vacation  (Read 8575 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: April 18, 2012, 06:47:03 AM »

What did you pay for airfare, if you don't mind? I'm going to be booking my summer flight to the U.S. soon and prices are absolutely brutal.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 07:00:07 AM »

For me and the lady- the way out is about $3,000 and return is about $6,300- both in economy class (British calls it World Traveller)

Are you serious??? I'm looking at 900-1000€ roundtrip and that'd be the most I ever paid.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 12:13:45 PM »

For me and the lady- the way out is about $3,000 and return is about $6,300- both in economy class (British calls it World Traveller)

Are you serious??? I'm looking at 900-1000€ roundtrip and that'd be the most I ever paid.

I just checked it at Swoodoo.com and I got  many results for the end of May from Salzburg to NYC for 610€, roundtrip. It probably depends if you want a non-stop flight or not. This 610€ result was with a stop in Frankfurt in each direction.

There are huge differences between "end of May" and Summer. I'm not able to fly in May, and as soon as school vacation starts in most German states, the prices go up from 600 or so to prices approaching 1000.

Non-stop isn't an option anyway to St. Louis....so that can't be a factor.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 12:59:31 AM »

Going to pop "the question" in Venice ;-)

Perfect. It was the centerpiece of my two week European honeymoon. If you care for opera, we enjoyed the Magic Flute at the Volksoper and it was less pricey than similar shows at the Staatsoper. We did also enjoyed the Sachertorte at the Hotel Sacher, just to say we did.

I would be very surprised to find those things in Venice... Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 01:55:53 AM »

Have a great trip, Clarence!

BTW: How are you getting from Amsterdam to Munich?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 07:03:59 AM »

Welcome to the Old World!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 12:40:37 PM »

Wow, that's going fast Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 05:03:53 PM »

Hi Atlas Friends- going great... in Munich and having a blast!!! To Fantasy Election friends- will have more regular access to the web in Rome and will be participating from there in the campaign
I love my lady... popping the question in Venice will be the right call :-)

Grüß Gott!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 01:30:07 AM »

Franzl- your country is beautiful
Dachau during the day tomorow and train to Rome at night...this is going too fast!

Dachau is certainly worth seeing, even if it's rather difficult to stomach. A reminder to what was able to happen on this continent a mere 70 years ago and how great modern generations really live today. And yes, it's a nice tribute to the Allied forces, the U.S. in Southern Germany's case, and how it's both remarkable and necessary to maintain perpetual friendship in the future.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies