GOP Congressman:We Can’t Impeach Obama Because We Don’t Have The Votes Yet! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:51:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  GOP Congressman:We Can’t Impeach Obama Because We Don’t Have The Votes Yet! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP Congressman:We Can’t Impeach Obama Because We Don’t Have The Votes Yet!  (Read 1765 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: April 12, 2012, 12:35:33 AM »

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/04/gop-congressman-we-cant-impeach-obama-because-we-dont-have-the-votes-yet.php

Why hasn’t Congress impeached President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder? Rep. Todd Akin says it’s simply a lack of votes. But he says that may change eventually.

“That’s a good question,” Akin told a constituent on Tuesday who asked just that. “I can’t speak for the other 400 and some congressmen, but I believe when they take a look at impeachment the question is do you have the votes to do it and, if you do it, it goes to the Senate, what’s going to happen with Harry Reid?”

He concluded the quicker way to remove Obama from office would be to wait for the election to run its course.
“He is a complete menace to our civilization,” he said. “The question is what’s the best way to get rid of him, I think probably at the ballot box next election, we need to get that done.”
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies