Young man obtains voting ballot under Attorney General Eric Holder's name (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:34:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Young man obtains voting ballot under Attorney General Eric Holder's name (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Young man obtains voting ballot under Attorney General Eric Holder's name  (Read 2787 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: April 12, 2012, 09:45:25 AM »

I have warned of this stuff before, but this is too good ... Smiley

That's why I find it good that here in Austria, and I guess also in Germany, the government or your town sends you your voter information card via post, with which you have to go to the polling place, shows a valid government issued photo ID (only passport, driving license, personal ID counts) and then you get your ballot there and can vote.

Well, de jure, at least. Our little town in Southern Hesse (at least in my precinct) never really checks IDs.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 12:25:27 PM »

Congress should issue Photo ID cards to US citizens, and require that the States permit their use for voting, without pre-registration.

If that happened, the whole teabagger crowd would start screaming "OMG NATIONAL ID CARD, 1984!!!!!!"

Why exactly is there legitimate opposition to national ID?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies