Why the Housing Market is At or Near Bottom (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:36:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Why the Housing Market is At or Near Bottom (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why the Housing Market is At or Near Bottom  (Read 1709 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: April 21, 2012, 05:41:24 PM »

Nice chart. I hadn't realized how flat to declining housing prices were through the 1990s. I bought in 1988 and knew that there was a decline in the recession of the early 90's, but since there was so much new construction growth in my area after that, I didn't pick up the lack of price growth.

That chart doesn't necessarily imply flat-to-declining house prices during the 1990s, does it?  Just that they were not increasing at any rate higher than that of rents.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 12:29:17 PM »

Prices may have ceased falling in some areas, such as the above mentioned San Francisco metro, but in many parts of the country they will have to fall quite a bit more.  The median income level in much of the country has no prospect of improvement, and will likely continue to head downwards. 

In map terms something like this:

Basically the West Coast stabilized, the East Coast and a few special cases like North Dakota going up, and most of the rest of the country still going down, simply because there is nothing really for those parts of the country or the people in them to really do in the globalized marketplace.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies