Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2014, 11:43:04 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Attention SoFE Homelycooking
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Attention SoFE Homelycooking  (Read 552 times)
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2012, 01:45:26 am »
Ignore

After reviewing the votes, I initially made a thread about Earl's vote, which was a stupid mistake on my part. However, I decided to look closer and discovered that Brandon H does not meet activity requirements. I believe this result may impact the outcome of the elections and request a recount.

I cite this:
Section 14: Federal Activity Requirements

All those persons who have posted at least 25 times in the 8 weeks (56 days) prior to the commencement of an election shall be defined as active for the purposes of that election.
    Those persons considered inactive (defined as not active) shall not be qualified to vote in a particular election.
    Anyone who has cast an absentee ballot shall be regarded as an active voter, provided he or she fulfills the definition by the time the election commences for which the ballot was cast, of an "active voter"; However, the post containing the ballot shall not count towards the total number of required posts.
from the Consolidated Electoral System Reform Act.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:18:04 am by Governor Napoleon »Logged

When I was in the third grade, I thought that I was Jewish
Because I could count, my nose was big, and I kept my bank account fullish
I told my mom, tears blurring my vision
He said, "Mort, you've loved God since before circumcision"
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 02:34:18 am »
Ignore

Another question. The constitution says
In order to vote or be a candidate in an election, a person must have been a registered voter seven days before the earliest possible commencement of the election. If a voter changes their state of registration between that time and the election, the state from which they were originally registered shall be the state from which their vote is cast.

Since NVTownsend registered on, not before April 12th, his vote for TJ is invalid, I am pretty sure. I believe with these two errors resolved, Snowstalker wins the last seat and TJ loses.

Аverroës Nix
Averroës Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 02:38:02 am »
Ignore

PS: I am using my late mother's Facebook account due to the difficulty of changing identities on Facebook. She has yet to complain.
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

Political Matrix
E: 4.52, S: -1.57

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 06:44:51 am »
Ignore

Don't worry, I found a few irregularities of my own.

PyroTheFox also does not meet activity requirements.

Lewis's vote: http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=152424.msg3269889#msg3269889 should not be counted as valid, since there is only a list of users without any reasonable determination of intent, such as numbers, letters, an X beside one name, etc.  If this vote is valid, then so would be simply empty quoting the ballot.
homelycooking
YaBB God
Belize

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 07:43:42 am »
Ignore

NVTownsend, Pyrofox and Brandon H's votes have been ruled invalid.

I have counted Lewis Trondheim's vote because I can discern the voter's intent.

That reduces the total number of valid votes to 68. Since TJ lost two 1st preferences and Snowstalker one, the end result is still the same. TJ is elected without a quota instead of with one, but Snowstalker is still not elected.

I will ask President Polnut if he will accept my resignation once this crisis is resolved. It may no longer be possible for me to run an election with any degree of legitimacy.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:45:41 am by Den stygge kjøkken »Logged
President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 07:48:22 am »
Ignore

I don't see any reason you should resign- this formula is complex and this seems to be your first error... people make mistakes

Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 07:50:42 am »
Ignore

That reduces the total number of valid votes to 68. Since TJ lost two 1st preferences and Snowstalker one, the end result is still the same. TJ is elected without a quota instead of with one, but Snowstalker is still not elected.

I will ask President Polnut if he will accept my resignation once this crisis is resolved. It may no longer be possible for me to run an election with any degree of legitimacy.

Homely, you need not resign. I think you have done a great job. It is almost unfair to expect you to check every profile, know every detail of the law and do all of the math. That is why we can check each other's work, and make sure it is right. Really, this pales in comparison to some of the stupid blunders I have made in my time. You're an awesome SoFE. Smiley

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 08:30:30 am »
Ignore

Are you kidding me

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
homelycooking
YaBB God
Belize

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 09:05:06 am »
Ignore

Homely, you need not resign. I think you have done a great job. It is almost unfair to expect you to check every profile, know every detail of the law and do all of the math. That is why we can check each other's work, and make sure it is right. Really, this pales in comparison to some of the stupid blunders I have made in my time. You're an awesome SoFE. Smiley

Perhaps the voting population would be mollified by a sincere apology and a plan to ensure that such a thing does not happen again? I am more than willing to continue the work as SoFE, but I think it only fair that I ask both the President and the people whether they have any confidence in my election administration in the future and whether they would like me to resign or not.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.48

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 09:05:57 am »
Ignore

These is no one on the entire forum that could do a better job as SoFE than you, Homely. Honest. You are the best there's been in a while.

i like girls but there is NOTHING better then a sexi hott dude
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 09:20:57 am »
Ignore

I'm ordering you not to resign.

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Mechaman
YaBB God
Jamaica

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 09:29:33 am »
Ignore

These is no one on the entire forum that could do a better job as SoFE than you, Homely. Honest. You are the best there's been in a while.

This.

You're a human being man.  You're going to make mistakes all the time.  Me, I shoudl be studying for the Philosophy final I'm likely going to fail because I was too much of a lazyass to study up on every single economic theory under the sun for use in a paper that I am going to write in class.

Dude, nobody wants the job you have.  Nobody.  And for good reason.
It takes a very dedicated and honest man to play the role of vote counter.  I bet it takes you hours alone just to figure out that formula.  I wouldn't have the patience to learn how it works.

I can also assure you that mistakes by an SoFE aren't exactly rare.  It's been all too common throughout our history as a nation.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:52:34 am by MechaRepublican »Logged

17:20   bore   the point of atlasia is to achieve things which you can then use as pick up lines
Аverroës Nix
Averroës Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 10:21:56 am »
Ignore

You do a fantastic job, and Mr. 20RP12 and Mecha point out, no one is capable of doing better. If anything, the fact that someone as vigilant and industrious as you could screw up the count points to a problem with needlessly complicated election laws and burdensome eligibility requirements that aren't easy to verify.

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that the only thing that matters is that all involved parties accept the legitimacy of the count in the end, whether it's "correct" or not.

PS: I am using my late mother's Facebook account due to the difficulty of changing identities on Facebook. She has yet to complain.
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 12:09:38 pm »
Ignore

There is no reason for homely to resign, at all.

When the JCP and RPP were still around, both would check the others as well as their own voters to see if they were valid. It kind of relieved some of the pressure on the SoFE because you had atleast two or more "lists of invalids" already floating around.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Governor TJ
TJ in Cleve
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 12:15:14 pm »
Ignore

I don't think there's any reason for you to resign either. You can't be expected to catch every invalid vote and responded appropriately when several were challenged. Elections by their very nature are controversial and I doubt anyone on this board doubts your ability to run them fairly. Heck, you did a better job noticing invalid votes than I did and I was running.

"I have seen three ages in the West of the world, and many defeats, and many fruitless victories."

-Elrond in J.R. Tolkien's LOTR
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 12:18:44 pm »
Ignore

You should not resign, especially because your mistake has had no effect on the outcome of the election at all. And even if it had had an impact, you would still have done a good job!
Scott
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 02:18:58 pm »
Ignore

Homely, you have, by far, exceeded your expectations as SoFE.  As others have said, this was a very minor error that few could have noticed.  Please do not resign.
Camerlengo Alfred of the Papal Patch
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 02:26:00 pm »
Ignore

I think Secretary Cooking should be put on money.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout